National Forest and Nat. Parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

kelltara

Premium Subscriber
Is there any such thing as an importable database of National Forest and National Park Frequencies?
Since I camp in forests and parks I want to make a scanlist with all of the frequencies so all I have to do it enable them when I'm in the areas.
Or does anyone know anywhere I can find a list of all the frequencies so I can manually enter them.
Thanks

ecps92

Your question is probably best asked in one of the Regional [State by State] forums for the States where you camp.

Is there any such thing as an importable database of National Forest and National Park Frequencies?
Since I camp in forests and parks I want to make a scanlist with all of the frequencies so all I have to do it enable them when I'm in the areas.
Or does anyone know anywhere I can find a list of all the frequencies so I can manually enter them.
Thanks

LEH

Premium Subscriber
I know that the NPS channels in the Colonial Triangle area of south eastern VA went P25 a couple of years ago. All they did was get new radios. The frequencies stayed the same.

What I am hearing every now and then on the NPS around here is a very limited encryption. Not all that often, but enough to know they can cut me off at any time if they like. :(

I also did a quick look at the RR DB, checked three states and each had a section that included either/or NPS or NFS listings.

One all encompassing list might be nice, but it would probably still be broken down by state, so either way you're probably going to have to do some editing.

bee

Mississippi, Forest and Wildlife, have started using Satellites, and as far as I know , cannot be monitored! There are surely, others.

Some National Park service have p 25 encryption. One that I know of is the Natchez Trace Parkway, that runs about 450 miles from Nashville Tn. to Natchez Ms. They went digital about 3 years ago and could be monitored, but about now they have encryption(for the past 2 years) and cannot be monitored!

Speed limit is 50 mph!

Status
Not open for further replies.