National Grid and Comcast

Status
Not open for further replies.

zerg901

Premium Subscriber
National Grid might use cellphones and mobile computer terminals. I dont know of any active voice freqs for them. Same for Comcast. Peter sz

KB1NVI

National Grid might use cellphones and mobile computer terminals. I dont know of any active voice freqs for them. Same for Comcast. Peter sz

Comcast, at least in Essex county is all cellphone.

National Grid has numerous active voice freqs all over the state in multiple frequency bands.

For the Medford area I believe all relevant comms for the electrical side would be on the their Motorola trunked system's Malden site which you can find here: Northeast MA National Grid (MA Electric) - Scan New England Wiki

For the rest of National Grid's known frequencies (both electric and natural gas) go here: Massachusetts Commercial Utilities - Scan New England Wiki

Hope that answers your question

-Chris

garys

Premium Subscriber
National Grid has a UHF LTR trunk system for the Brockton area. I have a friend who works for Comcast and I'll double check to see, but I'm pretty sure that they use cell phones to communicate. That's all I've ever seen them use when I've had techs come to my house.

brscomm

Premium Subscriber
National Grid has a 3-channel 800 MHz Smartzone system with sites in Gloucester, Salem and Malden
Any talkgroups associated with the Salem Point power plant are inactive. They have their own system now. Rumors still exist that National Grid may shut down the 800 system and migrate to UHF.

Status
Not open for further replies.