National Grid

Status
Not open for further replies.

skip0157

Has anyone had any luck monitoring the National Grid LTR system in RI?
I didn't think that they changed to a Passport system but can't find much info on them.
I programed the 2 channel system into my PSR 500 (previously programed the 4 channel system in) but I don't ever hear anything. I can hear the bursts on the frequencies when I listen to them as a conventional channel.
I'm monitoring from Attleboro. They used to be dispatched by "Lincoln Service" on the old system.

Thanks for any help.

Darkstar350

I dont think theres a scanner that can "track" a passport system as it would a standard LTR system or a Motorola system but if you put the passport frequencies in as conventional then you should be able to hear them...

Darkstar350

ERIC do you have anyway of finding the Rhode Island talk groups? I’ve looked everywhere can’t find them

With passport systems, in most scanners(i think) cannot properly track or "decode" talkgroups unlike other trunk platforms
However if you just program the passport system frequencies in as conventional you will hear the activity
I guess the drawback is you cant really pinpoint what talkgroup is coming from what area etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.