National Guard Frequencies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike445

Does anyone have any National Guard frequencies? I'm in SW Arkansas. I'm just looking for some new stuff I can add during this COVID-19 pandemic. I have the talkgroups on AWIN. Any suggestions would be great. Stay safe y'all
Mike

Giddyuptd

Premium Subscriber
Usually low band for some, others may use a state trs if they have one.

Most the uhf FEMA stuff will be encrypted and many are operations or channels in uhf for federal have been coming out encrypted.

There is a few channels in those which dont allow it but most will be encrypted.

I know it varies by state so I can only comment for what they use where I am.

I'd search the low band, and look in the database here for any sar, FEMA stuff. If nothing is listed maybe a local will chime in.

As one knows operations tend to occur with low band or hf then the unit will be on another frequency to communicate with its group having a comms tech monitoring the unit and hf or low band. So ymmv depending where you are and how protocol is in state.

You may get lucky and they all use trs talkgroups in clear from mobiles and portables.

Mike445

Usually low band for some, others may use a state trs if they have one.

Most the uhf FEMA stuff will be encrypted and many are operations or channels in uhf for federal have been coming out encrypted.

There is a few channels in those which dont allow it but most will be encrypted.

I know it varies by state so I can only comment for what they use where I am.

I'd search the low band, and look in the database here for any sar, FEMA stuff. If nothing is listed maybe a local will chime in.

As one knows operations tend to occur with low band or hf then the unit will be on another frequency to communicate with its group having a comms tech monitoring the unit and hf or low band. So ymmv depending where you are and how protocol is in state.

You may get lucky and they all use trs talkgroups in clear from mobiles and portables.
Thank you! I have all the federal Interop and disaster channels programmed but haven’t heard a peep. I programmed the federal common and itinerant frequencies as well. I’ll search low band and see if I can come up with anything interesting.
Mike

wbswetnam

You have the ANG talk groups programmed in for AWIN, right? I heard them just today.

Also, don't forget the talk group for the Arkansas Department of Health (4201) as well as MedComm Net (7214).

Mike445

You have the ANG talk groups programmed in for AWIN, right? I heard them just today.

Also, don't forget the talk group for the Arkansas Department of Health (4201) as well as MedComm Net (7214).
I do have:
4601 Army national guard ops1
4602 Camp Robinson public safety
4603 National guard convoy
5201 civil air patrol
7801 ASMD OPS
4001 Department of health
4201 Department of human services
7214 MEDCOM
I have all mutual aid and pool talkgroups.

Am I missing anything?
Thank you SO much for your reply.
Mike

slobonmycob

Know-Nothingism
Does anyone have any National Guard frequencies? I'm in SW Arkansas. I'm just looking for some new stuff I can add during this COVID-19 pandemic. I have the talkgroups on AWIN. Any suggestions would be great. Stay safe y'all
Mike

Guardsmen here,
Most of the frequencies should be listed in the data base under "trunking systems". I haven't scanned the southwest part of the state, but be forewarned that the vehicle to vehicle communications are encrypted, as well as any other training operations utilizing SINCGAR radio.
Range control however should be under the guard's Garrison motorola P25 phase 1 system. If you know when units are going down range for firing you could scan the range control / air channels, as far as I know they're not encrypted for inner-operability

Mike445

Guardsmen here,
Most of the frequencies should be listed in the data base under "trunking systems". I haven't scanned the southwest part of the state, but be forewarned that the vehicle to vehicle communications are encrypted, as well as any other training operations utilizing SINCGAR radio.
Range control however should be under the guard's Garrison motorola P25 phase 1 system. If you know when units are going down range for firing you could scan the range control / air channels, as far as I know they're not encrypted for inner-operability
Thank you for your service and your reply. It’s very much appreciated. I had a feeling SINCGAR was used.
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.