National Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

mesocyclone

I'd be surprised if they aren't encrypted, unless they go on interop channels. But maybe Foresigt can tell us. They had a nifty surveillance plane up last night at 10,600' - an RC-26B.

30 years ago, I sold them a bunch of radio repeater controllers. In those days, they used normal FM (5khz deviation), and had a communications auxiliary called Broadway Consumer, made up of hams who used those frequencies on their behalf.

mrat1234

DEMA Radio Network (DRN)
NextLevel.gif

The Department of Emergency and Military Affairs (DEMA) consists of the Army and the Air National Guard, the Division of Emergency Management, and the Joint Programs Division.
Frequency License Type Tone Alpha Tag Description Mode Tag
139.35000 RM100.0 PLDEMA TOWCh. 1 - Towers Mtn (TOW) - Crown King FMN Multi-Dispatch
139.71250 RM100.0 PLDEMA ELDCh. 2 - Mt Elden (ELD) - Flagstaff FMN Multi-Dispatch
138.02500 RM100.0 PLDEMA RBTCh. 3 - Roof Butte (RBT) - Lukachukai FMN Multi-Dispatch
138.46250 RM100.0 PLDEMA GRECh. 4 - Greens Peak (GRE) - Springerville FMN Multi-Dispatch
141.45000 RM100.0 PLDEMA LEMCh. 5 - Mt Lemmon (LEM) - Tucson FMN Multi-Dispatch
141.45000 RM100.0 PLDEMA HUACh. 6 - Hulapai Mtn (HUA) - Kingman FMN Multi-Dispatch
139.71250 RM100.0 PLDEMA AJOCh. 7 - Childs Mtn (CHI) - AJo FMN Multi-Dispatch
139.35000 RM100.0 PLDEMA MULCh. 8 - Mule Mtn (MUL) - Bisbee FMN Multi-Dispatch
139.43750 RM100.0 PLDEMA SOUCh. 9 - South Mountain (SOU) - Phoenix FMN Multi-Dispatch
143.46250 RM100.0 PLDEMA GUTCh. 10 - Guthrie Peak (GUT) - Clifton FMN Multi-Dispatch
143.62500 RM100.0 PLDEMA TELCh. 11 - Telegraph Pass (TEL) - Yuma FMN Multi-Dispatch

mesocyclone

I'm familiar with DEMA, but I didn't know that NG used their frequencies directly. I think they used to be ADEMA, just a few years ago, when I was speaking with one of their guys ( A for Arizona). Before that, I think they were ADEM where M was "Management". I've been to a bunch of those sites, but for a different agency.

I'll have to add them to my scanners. Tks.

Foresigt

I know things of all kinds but I can't and won't share it. Too many things get shared on here that shouldn't be.

what screw did you have problems with?

The lost set screw was the one on the hub that clamps the antenna to the mast. There are two set screw holes drilled and tapped. Only one SS set screw arrived with the antenna in the factory packaging so I was gonna have to add another anyway.

what are the adjustable radials for?

Tuning for 25.7 to 28 MHz per the instructions. I tried to find info if this was for TX only or for both Rx/Tx. There ya have it - I'm uneducated in this stuff. Please be kind (wink).

Oh, by the way, Now that the antenna mounting is done I need to route the cable into the house. I really don't want to drill a hole through the outside (log) wall to fit a SO-239 Male thimble for the diameter of the cable. Assuming I'm proficient with a Weller solder station and have a good quality end replacement, does shortening the cable that little bit matter? And based upon any recommendations for a scanner per the above I'd probably want to ditch the adapter anyway for the antenna on that unit?

Foresigt

The funny part about this string is the NG traffic was out in the clear and if some of the people really listen to the things they claimed, they would have heard them. I did and it wasn't on the frequencies that were listed above.

mesocyclone

The funny part about this string is the NG traffic was out in the clear and if some of the people really listen to the things they claimed, they would have heard them. I did and it wasn't on the frequencies that were listed above.
All I heard was some logistics traffic - aircraft COYOTExx taking off or landing, that sort of thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.