National List P25 Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
The RRDB is precisely where that list comes from, and because of that, the list has never and will never be completely accurate.

There is also a bit of misinterpretation of the RRDB data going on in that document, as well as some misleading presentation of the data. For example, they have lumped numerous Motorola 3600 (aka Type II) systems that feature P25 CAI talkgroups into the mix. Those are not true P25 systems.

I believe you need to be a premium member to view this report, but here is the list of all P25 trunked systems in the RRDB (may as well go right to the source, right?):

Alternate link if you only want to see Phase II capable systems:

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
On Bay County FL 800 Phase l That system was only up for during Hurricane Michael help for out of town Public Safety that came to help out.. That system is offline since April.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
You've just discovered another flaw with that list; they apparently don't remove deprecated systems.

They still show the Colonie, NY system on the list. That was folded into the Albany County system two years ago. :cautious:

N4VKF

Premium Subscriber
Fauquier/Culpeper/Rappahannock, VA is still a Motorola type II Smartzone system not P25 yet. They were going to Upgrade to P25 phase 2. I just read that the school system must migrate all of its radios before August because that is when the new P25 system is coming online in those jurisdictions.

Fauquier Times 4-17-2019

Last edited:

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
Ohio MARCS-IP is listed as Phase 2 but it is Phase 1. The system is Phase 2 capable but this mode is not currently enabled. The system and sites will require software upgrades before this mode can be used and it will likely be some time before it becomes available.

Citywide74

Premium Subscriber
many discrepancies. the Maryland list starts under Maine. Anne, Arndle, Charles, Howard & Montgomery are still Motorola smartzone

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Ohio MARCS-IP is listed as Phase 2 but it is Phase 1. The system is Phase 2 capable but this mode is not currently enabled. The system and sites will require software upgrades before this mode can be used and it will likely be some time before it becomes available.

If ever. I'm betting on never due to the cost.

Tom

yardbird

Premium Subscriber
The last I heard Winston Salem/Forsyth County was still the only TRS that was Type II in North Carolina.

It is operating in both analog and digital modes.

David

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
VIPER goes Phase II over next few years, they just confirmed that recently. AWIN will be Phase II over next few years, as will SAFE-T. LWIN, still no set timeline to even mention on upgrading. IDPS here in Indy is working on upgrades to current version of ASTRO-25 and replacing pretty much all the radios, possibly also enabling Phase II to match the SAFE-T. No final word on that yet. MSWIN is supposed to be finished going almost pure Phase II by end of January 2020... But more likely 2021. TACN is beginning transition to pure Phase II, but this will take a couple of years at the least.

mws72

Premium Subscriber
yeah, I wouldn't make decisions on the list details. ISICS in Iowa is the whole state all 99 counties, not the 2 they say. Starcom 21 in Illinois is 102 counties plus one in Iowa and one in Missouri. Both are Phase 2 capable.

Reactions: TGP

K9SCK

I am surprised Culpeper and Fauquier are not using DMR like all the schools here in N. VA.

I'm not; when I was running fire/EMS in Fauquier in the 80s, they were still using 46.5mhz. When in the more rural parts of the county (the WHOLE county was rural, but there were parts that were MORE rural than others) it was impossible to contact dispatch in Warrenton.

Status
Not open for further replies.