National Park Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
I was listening to an EMS call for Jefferson Co. they mentioned that Park Service will be with the patient. I think this is going to be at Harper's Ferry. in the RR database I see listings for Department of the Interior at Harper's Ferry. Park Service is under DOI. is what's listed for Harper's Ferry Park Service? it's not listed as such. anyone have anything else for Harper's Ferry and/or The National Park Service?

atlong

Database Admin
Mike,

The 168.42500 frequency listed for Harper's Ferry is a pretty active frequency. Park rangers, law enforcement for the park and Jefferson County all communicate on there. There was a river rescue call on the Shenandoah just under the Rt 340 bridge today and I monitored Jefferson Co's Fire Dispatcher on the park frequency communicating with the rangers who were already on-scene.

I'll have to monitor 166.95 frequency for the C & O canal comms. That frequency is used for many national parks. Can't believe I forgot to program that one in.

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
thanks guys. I have all those programmed in. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything. during the river rescue today, I heard some traffic but I was busy with something else.

spanner

Premium Subscriber
The National Capital Region Communications Center (NCRCC) located at the C&O Canal Hq in Hagerstown is the dispatch center for:

C&O Canal
Antietam NB
Harpers Ferry NHP
Monocacy NB
Catoctin Mountain Park
Manassas NB
Prince William National Forrest
Fort Mchenry
Hampton Historical Site

The center operates 24/7, and also monitors building alarms in the National Capital Region.

Jefferson County is the only county that "Actively" works with NCRCC via radio, along with MDDNR.

Most of the freqs listed in the RR databases are acurate.

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
spanner said:
The National Capital Region Communications Center (NCRCC) located at the C&O Canal Hq in Hagerstown is the dispatch center for:

C&O Canal
Antietam NB
Harpers Ferry NHP
Monocacy NB
Catoctin Mountain Park
Manassas NB
Prince William National Forrest
Fort Mchenry
Hampton Historical Site

The center operates 24/7, and also monitors building alarms in the National Capital Region.

Jefferson County is the only county that "Actively" works with NCRCC via radio, along with MDDNR.

Most of the freqs listed in the RR databases are acurate.

thanks...that explains what I've heard in the past. :)

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
copy from another post for Fed Freqs in the Berkeley Co area...

heard tonight and a few months ago traffic on 409.0500/141.3. I think it's Harper's Ferry, at least that's what I labeled it as this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.