National police frequency use today

Status
Not open for further replies.

markandjere

Premium Subscriber
155.475 Nat. PD Freq was used today for an incident near Shippensburg . I still have all the old PSP stuff in my scanner , Just FYI. Thought I would share.

druhe

Premium Subscriber
155.475 Nat. PD Freq was used today for an incident near Shippensburg . I still have all the old PSP stuff in my scanner , Just FYI. Thought I would share.

Just curious, was it used by PSP, municipal police, or it's intended use as in interoperable channel by both ?

W3DMV

It's used by local police and state police to coordinate operations
during a incident. Usually a bank robbery, high speed chase etc.
That's the only time I hear activity. No routine chit-chat...

Blaze36

Premium Subscriber
The National Police Freq. is part of the VHF overlay for Operability for Statewide OpenSky Radio Network, I forget how many high profile sites have this throughout the State. I know Cumberland County patches a PSP Talk Group and Cumberland Police Talk groups on the Freq. But I don't know if it is on their own NPF or the States. I have hear some joint incidents including Chases and Stand offs..

markandjere

Premium Subscriber
I did not hear anything to id any agency or unit . Last I heard this used was during a two county chase and I believe just about every LE agency either had it on their radios or was patched somehow buy the home county.

Status
Not open for further replies.