National Security Agency (NSA) - Utah Data Center

Status
Not open for further replies.

MtnBiker2005

Premium Subscriber
Another place to keep your eye on for a new trunked radio system.
Other new NSA location has been in the 380 band. Like the one at RR DB - San Antonio Data Center in Texas.

National Security Agency (NSA) - Utah Data Center
# Proposed National Security Agency facility believed to be for communications interception purposes
# Estimated costs range from $1.5-1.9 billion
# 1 million square foot, 65 Megawatt facility

The Utah Data Center (UDC) will be a highly secure 65 Mega Watt, Tier III National Security Agency datacenter facility to be located near Camp Williams, Utah.

More information & photos available on this page.
http://publicintelligence.net/utah-data-center/

Other news story:

NSA Plans $1.6 Billion Utah Data Center
http://www.datacenterknowledge.com/archives/2009/07/01/nsa-plans-16-billion-utah-data-center/
http://www.datacenterknowledge.com/archives/2009/10/30/more-on-the-nsa-utah-data-center/

W2NJS

I'll bet you right now that any and all radio comms into and out of this facility will be encrypted, including their building and site security services. So why bother with it when you can't understand it?

ecps92

Why ? :evil:
Because it transmits and I can hear it [not saying decode it]

It's identifiable information to place into the Databases.

Why listen to Military EAM Messages, when you don't know what they mean ?

Each of us bring a different aspect to the hobby, some in a narrow sense of monitoring and many others in a broad sense, who actually spend time to search out the information for others to use.

I'll bet you right now that any and all radio comms into and out of this facility will be encrypted, including their building and site security services. So why bother with it when you can't understand it?

Why ? :evil:
Because it transmits and I can hear it [not saying decode it]

It's identifiable information to place into the Databases.

Why listen to Military EAM Messages, when you don't know what they mean ?

Each of us bring a different aspect to the hobby, some in a narrow sense of monitoring and many others in a broad sense, who actually spend time to search out the information for others to use.

Well said Bill.

Chris

kd7rto

Here's what I know...

In the past I've heard security operations at Camp Williams on 141.125, 143.1 input, with a pl of 146.2. When I lived in Murray, I could hear what I believe was their base PA system mornings at 7:30 AM on 140.65, pl 127.3.

More recently, here in Bountiful I'm hearing a base PA system on 139.0125, 127.3 pl. Unknown if Camp Williams changed frequencies, or if they're still on 140.65, out of range for me now, and 139.0125 is a different base.

Recently I've tuned the 380-406 range, looking for any control channels, and didn't find anything. The receiver was an IC-R8500 and the antenna was a discone on a 10' mast on the peak of the roof of a single story house.

Last edited:

Hooligan

Do your car & house have glass windows that can easily be broken with a metal pipe or brick? If so, why bother to lock the doors?

Status
Not open for further replies.