National Skywarn recognition day taking check-ins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
The NOAA office at the Lincoln,Ill. has a special event station taking check-in's today with a call of WX1ILX. They are wanting to say hello and thanks to all skywarn spotter's. I'm not sure if this is nationwide or just this area only.
There's a whole list of frequencies,vhf through hf.:)
N9ZAS

W9NES

Indianapolis National Weather Service is not involved in this event for Central Indiana and they have no HF equipment.Just 2Meters and 440 for Skywarn Nets.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
Indianapolis National Weather Service is not involved in this event for Central Indiana and they have no HF equipment.
Not entirely a true statement, Tim.

Central Indiana Skywarn, in support of the Indianapolis NWS office, was on the air during National Skywarn Recognition Day this year as they have been many years in the past.

Yes, it's true, there are no HF radios or HF antennas at the Indianapolis NWS office. Central Indiana Skywarn members operated on HF this year from a home station.

W9NES

Sorry W9RXR you are wrong.Please check under the ARES tab on IndyHams.org and click on Anouncements.There is nothing there relating to your claim.No anouncements were made.If there was one made net control would have listed it.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
Tim, if you want to have this debate in public, fine. I tried to take it to private messages, but you brought it back here.

On November 25, N9FEB announced National Skywan Recognition Day during the net on the 146.70 repeater in Indianapolis. After his announcements, I keyed up stating that I had additional info for the net. N9FEB came back to me for my info. I then announced that Central Indiana Skywarn would be operating during National Skywarn Recognition Day from a home station. N9FEB acknowledged my information.

On December 2, N9FEB again announced National Skywan Recognition Day during the net on the 146.70 repeater. However, he said nothing about Central Indiana Skywarn's operation at that time and I was not in a position to check in with my info.

Please do not publicly state that people are wrong when you don't have all the facts. Please do not tell me that no announcements were made when I made the announcement myself.

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
Sorry W9RXR you are wrong.

And regardless of any announcement, this is well advertised nationally. So when you saw it listed on the national Skywarn links, you should have started asking questions of your local office if you didn't know.

jaymatt1978

I got a real treat. I was off the airwith PSK for a few months and when I got back on the air Saturday the Witchita office was one of the first contacts I made. I am so thrillled to FINALLY get one of these stations after years of trying.

Status
Not open for further replies.