National Wx Svc in Davenport on Racom and Johnson Co EMA

Status
Not open for further replies.

mws72

Premium Subscriber
This last week during our exciting wx in Eastern Iowa. I heard Johnson Co EMA talking with the Davenport NWS office on the racom talkgroup. His audio had that distinctive digital sound to it so I was wondering if anyone noticed a talkgroup patched over on JCOMM.

timkilbride

Database Admin
This last week during our exciting wx in Eastern Iowa. I heard Johnson Co EMA talking with the Davenport NWS office on the racom talkgroup. His audio had that distinctive digital sound to it so I was wondering if anyone noticed a talkgroup patched over on JCOMM.

Are you talking about talkgroup 388? I have not seen that patched into JCOMM yet. Quad Cities WX RID is 10052 and the Johnson County RID is 4291.

Then two EMA guys, one of them being the Johnson County guy, moved over to GID 1277. That was first time I had seen any voice activity on that group.

Tim

mws72

Premium Subscriber
Sorry for delay. Real world issues interfering with the hobbies here. The conversation was on 388. I wonder if it was a temporary intersystem patch.

radiowa

Premium Subscriber
It's a permanent patch IMHO.

When I use to live in IC - during severe weather events JCOM had a direct connection to DVN NWS. This connection has existed on both the Motorola and JCOM P25 systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.