Nationwide Frequencies are double posted

Status
Not open for further replies.

BamaScan

Premium Subscriber
I have noticed now that Nationwide Frequencies are being posted in the Main Database. Is the reason behind this so they can be imported into the HomePatrol and other scanners ?? Look here to see double post of frequencies.

Coast Guard Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

and

United States Coast Guard - The RadioReference Wiki

If you will see one is in the New National Database and one is in the Wiki. I admit I do like the new National Database it is easier to view vs the Wiki. The Coast Guard is just a sample that I chose. Many other frequencies now on the National Database can also be found in the Wiki. Will the Wiki frequencies go away now that we have the National Database ??

MtnBiker2005

Premium Subscriber
Just remember some wiki pages is pulling data from the Database to the wiki page.

If it's listed in the "Nationwide" database. The older information that was posted on the wiki page will be replace with the "Nationwide" database information using the Wiki extensions.

The RadioReference Wiki has some custom extensions. Many of these can be used to display dynamic data in the database of custom pages of information.
http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/RR_Wiki_Extensions

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
And remember this very important point

The wiki is a member-supported application. Put another way, it's up to the members, not any of the administrators, to fix something that needs fixing

Mike

MtnBiker2005

Premium Subscriber

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
If you are using FreeScan and the web import doesn't pick them up (yet), you can use EZ Grab to copy/paste the new frequencies. Not as neat as the import, but it works...I believe the ARC programs have a 'paste special' function that might work.

best regards..Mike

Last edited:

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
The Nationwide freqs are not downloadable with arc either You must pick a state it appears...
The programmers who build the software for programming scanners were told about the change and given access to the new areas before they were rolled out so they could change and test their products. It would up to them to adapt their products to the new area.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Software development time > advanced notice time by a significant factor.

I'm sure everyone is working hard to catch up (but I can only directly speak for our team).

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
The Nationwide freqs are not downloadable with arc either You must pick a state it appears...

Are nationwide freqs available for download using WIN500? if so how do you access them?

Folks, this is not the programming software forum. If you have comments or questions about specific software products, please take those comments/questions to the appropriate forum; it has nothing to do with the topic at hand or the administration of the database.

jeffreyinberthoud

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Folks, this is not the programming software forum. If you have comments or questions about specific software products, please take those comments/questions to the appropriate forum; it has nothing to do with the topic at hand or the administration of the database.

I respectfully disagree or dont fully understand. none of these software programs have cheanged "our" DB did. They all were working fine before change. NOT a Complaint just stating a fact. I assume by other posts that
many or all program makers have been informed of DB changes and are working on fixes. Thank you

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
I respectfully disagree or dont fully understand. none of these software programs have cheanged "our" DB did. They all were working fine before change. NOT a Complaint just stating a fact. I assume by other posts that
many or all program makers have been informed of DB changes and are working on fixes. Thank you
Whereas I understand your point, the bottom line is that if you want your comments to be read by the software developers, you have a much better chance of that happening by posting in the appropriate forum. The DB Discussion Forum is under the Site Administration Forums collection and hence deals with the administration of the DB, not the software that access it. As has been pointed out in other threads, the backend of the DB has not changed dramatically, it has only added another level of data which needs to be addressed by the developers. This is not an issue for DB discussion, it is a software access issue and therefore belongs in that forum.

Just for general knowledge, the backend schema for the DB is versioned and if the software you use was written to access a certain version of the DB it would not have any issue with the DB changes made by this rollout. When the software is changed to access the newer data it will then access that version of the DB. If the software was written to use the "latest" (as opposed to a specific) version then there is possibility it would fail, but again, that is not a DB issue, it is a software issue. Hope this helps explain some of this to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.