Nationwide Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

nd5y

They aren't trunked. You should probably set the mode to NFM, tone to NONE and audio type to ALL unless you want to enter everything multiple times or have interference problems.

ecps92

Depends, what they are using in your region. Here in Boston they are P25, but we do get a few analog stragglers here-n-there. Down i Miami they are still analog. I would say program them for both

As for Single Freq Trunk, unless you are going to get into logging individual radio ID's [and they are on P25] you won't need that mode.

I am looking at the Customs and Border Patrol Nationwide Frequencies and there are Analog and P25 freqs. My question is...... I am using a 396XT, should I input the P-25 frequencies as digital or P-25 "One Freq Trunk"? Or does it even matter?

ecps92

Tom,. many of us [who are into logging the Radio ID's] use the single Freq trunk on the Unidens to keep track of units who migrate across the CBP/BP/ICE network. Using "Single Freq Trunk" allows the RID to be displayed.

They aren't trunked. You should probably set the mode to NFM, tone to NONE and audio type to ALL unless you want to enter everything multiple times or have interference problems.

In a house along a busy road in Mercer County, Far
So if I would input these P-25 freqs. as One Freq. Trunked are you saying that it wouldn't make any difference in the reception? I would pick them up one way or the other? So we are saying that one way is not any better in picking up transmissions than the other? Except I would be able to log Unit ID's if programmed as One Trunk Freq. Is this correct or am I missing something?

nd5y

Tom,. many of us [who are into logging the Radio ID's] use the single Freq trunk on the Unidens to keep track of units who migrate across the CBP/BP/ICE network. Using "Single Freq Trunk" allows the RID to be displayed.

OK I didn't know about that. I don't have an XT.

kennyblues

So if I would input these P-25 freqs. as One Freq. Trunked are you saying that it wouldn't make any difference in the reception? I would pick them up one way or the other? So we are saying that one way is not any better in picking up transmissions than the other? Except I would be able to log Unit ID's if programmed as One Trunk Freq. Is this correct or am I missing something?

That's correct. There is no difference in reception between programming them as a conventional system or a one freq trunked system, you'll receive them up either way the same, the only difference is the UID's. If you program it as a digital channel as part of a conventional system you would not receive any analog transmissions, It would have to be programmed as Analog only or set to All, If it is set to ALL then you would not get the CTCSS, DCS or NAC tones. To receive the tones you would have to enter as either Analog or Digital with the correct tones entered or set to search for tones. The digital freq entered as a P-25 one freq trunked system will show the NAC tone(s) and the radio's ID. Some of my DHS channels are entered in the radio three times, once for analog, once for digital and once as a one freq trunk so that way everything is covered.

In a house along a busy road in Mercer County, Far
That's correct. There is no difference in reception between programming them as a conventional system or a one freq trunked system, you'll receive them up either way the same, the only difference is the UID's. If you program it as a digital channel as part of a conventional system you would not receive any analog transmissions, It would have to be programmed as Analog only or set to All, If it is set to ALL then you would not get the CTCSS, DCS or NAC tones. To receive the tones you would have to enter as either Analog or Digital with the correct tones entered or set to search for tones. The digital freq entered as a P-25 one freq trunked system will show the NAC tone(s) and the radio's ID. Some of my DHS channels are entered in the radio three times, once for analog, once for digital and once as a one freq trunk so that way everything is covered.

This explains it pretty simple. I really like the idea of inputting each frequency 3 times. That really does cover all of the bases! Thanks for the explanation and keeping to where everyone can understand...

Status
Not open for further replies.