Nationwide Interop Channels

Status
Not open for further replies.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.973 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

I hear traffic on various I-Tacs, multiple times a month, in southeast Michigan.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.973 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Whoops. I didn't notice which forum the post was in. FWIW, the interop freqs here easily reach across the river, into Ontario. :)

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
I'm in Eastern Ontario, not far from Ottawa. This is why I'm asking about these. If they're worth putting into the radio or not. I'm not even sure if this radio has 700 Mhz

Whoops. I didn't notice which forum the post was in. FWIW, the interop freqs here easily reach across the river, into Ontario. :)

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
I've heard a few 'Test 1-2' calls on them over the years in the London area (on the 800mhz ones). That's about it.

ATCTech

A couple of years back I was listening to Hamilton-Wentworth PD working with Halton PD on a situation where they were using one of the 86x MHz i-TAC freqs. for interoperability. It was simplex of course, no repeater.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Most of the areas with 800mhz systems have the m/a repeaters installed.

Peel, Toronto, Hamilton and Halton all have them.

I used to hear Hamilton and Halton using one of the repeaters for calls on the Skyway Bridge.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
You might not hear anything on the 700Mhz channels yet but if you are near an 800Mhz system, it would be a good idea to have them in.

Keep in mind that a GTA area police service used the ITAC repeaters for surveillance until hobbiests noticed.

Who knows what might pop up on the 700Mhz channels.

DaveH

I'm in Eastern Ontario, not far from Ottawa. This is why I'm asking about these. If they're worth putting into the radio or not. I'm not even sure if this radio has 700 Mhz

The only activity I've heard in recent years on the 800MHz ICALL/ITACs has been during G8 and US
presidential visit type events. Those are good to have programmed though I'm not sure how much will
be heard "up the Valley" unless somebody important is visiting. As for the 700MHz frequencies, if you have
the memory space and time to enter, why not, though I doubt you'll hear anything at this stage. Also,
there has been at least one report of someone getting excited about hearing something, but turned out
to be an image from 800MHz.

Dave

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
Well, I already have the I-Tacs in there, and I`m only sitting at %49 of memory usage so I`ve got the space to put in there. So I`ll download them then atleast I know I`ve got them. Who knows, ya can`t listen to a good catch on the radio if you don`t have them programmed in there.

One last question then regarding the 700 Mhz freqs. Why the duplication in the database?

The only activity I've heard in recent years on the 800MHz ICALL/ITACs has been during G8 and US
presidential visit type events. Those are good to have programmed though I'm not sure how much will
be heard "up the Valley" unless somebody important is visiting. As for the 700MHz frequencies, if you have
the memory space and time to enter, why not, though I doubt you'll hear anything at this stage. Also,
there has been at least one report of someone getting excited about hearing something, but turned out
to be an image from 800MHz.

Dave

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
I have put them in my HP1 and my GRE500 here in Alberta. I might have had some clicks on some of the 800 MHz stuff.

As for loading it in to the scanner, I don't know about ARC396 - but if it was FreeSCAN, I would use the EZ-Grab copy/paste option. If ARC396 has a similar feature, that would be the way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.