Nationwide Interop Freqs in Ohio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nasby

Has anyone ever heard any activity on the Nationwide Interop/Mutual Aid frequencies listed in the database (VTAC, VLAW, etc.)?

I've scanned them for years (with a great receiving antenna) and have never heard a peep.

Even during all the major incidents in Cleveland and N.E. Ohio over the years I have not heard a darned thing on these channels.

I'm probably going to remove them all as they only slow down my scan speed.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Has anyone ever heard any activity on the Nationwide Interop/Mutual Aid frequencies listed in the database (VTAC, VLAW, etc.)?

I've scanned them for years (with a great receiving antenna) and have never heard a peep.

Even during all the major incidents in Cleveland and N.E. Ohio over the years I have not heard a darned thing on these channels.

They do get used in a few areas, and no doubt are programmed in interop radios around where you are, but probably wouldn't get used much unless something really major happened which brought in Feds and other agencies with VHF and/or UHF radios, and no cache radios available for them.

wtp

you never know

down here the 8tac channels get some use.
it has been years since i heard anything on 155.475.
and that was a couple of seminole indians talking in their language , wow.
this is also the reason to have multiple radios.
most of the time i hear anything it is in the daytime.
since i am retired i get to hear more.
when i drove for a living i usually had 3 scanners going and sometimes a freq counter.
lots of things went on around new york and new jersey even on 415.7 (i think it is empty now)
also lots of stuff here after hurricane charlie. now that is a biggie.
the moral is don't waste scanning time....get more radios !!!

mmartinfan

Banned
I think when ARNOLD was .gov for Kaliyfornia when he came to Columbus for the Arnold Classic his security team used those freq's sometimes

ecps92

Put them in one bank/list and only turn it on from time-time.

Guess the use of the Nationwide Interops Varies

Here in Boston the other day we had V/U/8, Fed IO all active for the Boston Marathon.
Great work by those COML's and the SWIC

mszabo2000

Depends on location and the local radio systems used. In Summit you'd see the 700/800 used because no VHF is used in the county. Go to Portage which is all VHF except for the SO and Aurora and you'd see VHF and 700/800 used. The Feds have started using the APX8000 multiband portables so with the exception of low band they've got it covered.

medic611

At one time Hocking County had every fire mobile radio programmed in them, and some of the portables. Athens county had a few in different banks with some of their fire radios. If I programmed them in it was CSQ on receive and the pl code on transmit.

Status
Not open for further replies.