Nationwide Mutual Aid

Status
Not open for further replies.

thomast77

I am looking for a list of Nationwide Mutual Aid frequencies. I have done alot of googling and looking through these forums and I am finding conflicting information. Could someone kindly post these frequencies? And unless I missed it RadioReference.com should have a page in the database for Nationwide Mutual Aid frequencies. Thank You all in advance for your input :)
Tom

ecps92

Federal/Non-Federal Interoperability - The RadioReference Wiki

and

Common Public Safety - The RadioReference Wiki

PS What do you have that you interpret as conflicting info ??

I am looking for a list of Nationwide Mutual Aid frequencies. I have done alot of googling and looking through these forums and I am finding conflicting information. Could someone kindly post these frequencies? And unless I missed it RadioReference.com should have a page in the database for Nationwide Mutual Aid frequencies. Thank You all in advance for your input :)
Tom

thomast77

Thank You all this is what I was looking for. It seems to be hidden quite well on RR.com. I have done searches and still don't know how to find this page from the homepage. Might I make a suggestion that this page be placed somewhere on the main US map page?

ecps92: to answer your question. One example while doing a google search I keep coming up with 155.4875 being a nationwide Law Enforcement mutual aid channel. Then I found a thread in this forum saying this is not possible.

And to anyone who is interested. I just stumbled upon a document in PDF put out by Homeland Security called The National Interoperability Field Operations Guide (NIFOG). Taken from their website:

"The U.S. Department of Homeland Security's Office of Emergency Communications has developed a new tool to assist with disaster response. The National Interoperability Field Operations Guide (NIFOG) is a technical reference for radio technicians responsible for radios that will be used in disaster response applications, and for emergency communications planners. The NIFOG includes rules and regulations for use of nationwide and other interoperability channels, frequencies and channel names, and other reference material; formatted as a pocket-sized guide for radio technicians to carry with them".
Here is a link to the PDF
http://www.npstc.org/documents/NIFOG_1_3.pdf

ecps92

The NIFOG is only a reference, not Rule or Law.

Not all channels exist everywhere.

155.4750 is what was known as the Nationwide Law Enforcement for many many years [each state, region has it's own acronym]

Each State is responsible for coordination the use of the various channels listed in the NIFOG and not all can be used Nationwide is correct.

Some due to Marine use on the Mississippi River and the Atlantic/Pacific Coasts, so it varies widely and you might not even hear them in-use until a major Drill or the BIG ONE hits. Many are not for Day-to-Day [use your normal mutual aid channels] operations or events.

Also, many of the UHF channels were already allocated for use, prior to the NIFOG suggestions and will be there for sometime....

Hope this helps.

Thank You all this is what I was looking for. It seems to be hidden quite well on RR.com. I have done searches and still don't know how to find this page from the homepage. Might I make a suggestion that this page be placed somewhere on the main US map page?

ecps92: to answer your question. One example while doing a google search I keep coming up with 155.4875 being a nationwide Law Enforcement mutual aid channel. Then I found a thread in this forum saying this is not possible.

And to anyone who is interested. I just stumbled upon a document in PDF put out by Homeland Security called The National Interoperability Field Operations Guide (NIFOG). Taken from their website:

"The U.S. Department of Homeland Security's Office of Emergency Communications has developed a new tool to assist with disaster response. The National Interoperability Field Operations Guide (NIFOG) is a technical reference for radio technicians responsible for radios that will be used in disaster response applications, and for emergency communications planners. The NIFOG includes rules and regulations for use of nationwide and other interoperability channels, frequencies and channel names, and other reference material; formatted as a pocket-sized guide for radio technicians to carry with them".
Here is a link to the PDF
http://www.npstc.org/documents/NIFOG_1_3.pdf

DiGiTaLD

One example while doing a google search I keep coming up with 155.4875 being a nationwide Law Enforcement mutual aid channel. Then I found a thread in this forum saying this is not possible.
IIRC, that is one of the narrowband FM mutual aid frequencies. Obviously use will vary by region. Never heard of such an animal around here (Indiana).

Thunderknight

Premium Subscriber
The main VHF and UHF IO channels (VCALL10, VTAC11-14, UCALL40 and UTAC41-43) became primary over their first adjacent wideband channels, regardless of existing users, back in 2006 (per the FCC R&O and it might be in the rules).
That being said, there are a lot more channels, mostly in VHF, that have all sorts of designations...some official, some unofficial. You need to check a specific frequency against the footnotes in the public safety pool in Part 90.

nd5y

while doing a google search I keep coming up with 155.4875 being a nationwide Law Enforcement mutual aid channel. Then I found a thread in this forum saying this is not possible.[/url]

Don't automatically believe that everything posted on the RR forums is true or accurate.

datainmotion

Premium Subscriber
It is recognized as the "new" National Law VHF channel.

If you have the room I would include both the old frequency and new on your scanner. As another poster said - it may be recognized and listed, but that doesn't mean anyone in your area is using it yet. For the one you mentioned, I would have both 155.475 and 155.4875 in my scanlist.

thomast77

Those are some really good links! I plan on including these in my programming files, but I wish there was a spot for them in the real RR database so I can just import them.

Ditto I suggest a link on the main US map page in the Database. After all they are Nationwide frequencies. Do the moderators pass this on to whom it may concern or do we need to direct this request somewhere else.

datainmotion

Premium Subscriber
Thank You datainmotion that explains it then. Do you have a list of old mutual aid frequencies you monitor? I have plenty of room in my scanner. And I like to be thorough.
Tom

NLEEC - 155.475 (National Law Emergency)
FERN - 154.280 (Fire Emergency)
HEAR - 155.340 (Hospital Emergency)
SARN - 155.160 (Search & Rescue)
Point to Point - 155.370 (only in some areas)
Marine emergency - 156.800 (since you are in Florida; be aware you will hear non-emergency chit-chat on this channel as well)
Med 1 through Med 10 - 462.950 to 463.175, 25 kHz spacing (ambulance/chopper to hospital comms)

There will be more "interop" type channels when you get down to a regional or state level, so check on your home state message board here at RR as well.

Last edited:

reedeb

Back many years ago 155.475 was call nation wide car to car in Maine. The idea ANY officer in any part of the state and country could talk to each other if need be. We also had154.695 witch was state wide car to car. In fact I was with our Deputy Fire chief [he was a reserve LEO] on our way to NY when we came upon a car wreck and he was on NWCC and got help n the way.

I have never heard it in So Carolina nor here in Texas.

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Just to set the record straight the local/regional mutual aid channels are one thing and the nationwide interoperability groups are quite another. When it comes to the local stuff it all depends on what they're used for, they range from heavily used to completely silent so that's when you need to monitor in order to separate sheep from goats.

When it comes to the national frequency blocks mostly they're silent since there is no regional infrastructure making them paper channels. In areas where there is infrastructure in place still they're mostly silent due to the fact there is almost never any event that would require such vast mutual aid. There are the odd exceptions however, some cities use them as auxiliary repeaters for such things as crowd control and special events, a purpose they were never designed for but they somehow get away with it.

What I have done is program the local/regional mutual aid channels in use around here in the banks I normally listen to and the others (national/federal in particular) in separate banks I normally have locked out. Then if I hear about what is or may become a major event I activate the appropriate bank(s) but usually they remain silent and after a time when I determine they won't become active I lock them out again concentrating on the juicy stuff.

Bottom line here is once you have the frequency listings from whatever sources it all comes down to monitoring to determine what's in use in your area and what's not. Once you have separated sheep from goats you can get down to some serious programming.

Craigmoe

Premium Subscriber
Nationwide mutual aid frequency? Other than 155.370 & 155.475,
on this site it states 155.4825 and 155.4875 which one is correct?
Thanks....

Status
Not open for further replies.