Native Air Prescott

Status
Not open for further replies.

firecaptdave

Watch Duty Reporter
Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know what freq Native Air uses to communicate with fire units on the ground? I thought it was Vfire 21 but I never hear anything.

Thx.

GlobalNorth

Premium Subscriber
I would have assumed so as well.

Native-Air 4 and 14 are based out of YRMC West and YRMC East. I know they are on FB, have you asked them there or at nativeairATymail.com?

DonWetter

Premium Subscriber
I would be interested also in the latest company frequency use. I know scene to helicopter is almost always on VFire 21 (mutual aid). I have never used anything else. I believe some medical helicopters have local fire dispatched frequencies too (e.g. Native 7).
Don

JTexas539

Premium Subscriber
Sometimes they use VMED 28 or 29 but usually its VFIRE 21. I have heard sheriff deputies also mention the state SAR channel too, which is 155.16

Another reason you may not hear anything is that you are too far away from the incident. Unless patched into another frequency or channel all communications on VFIRE 21 are simplex. Usually incident command will talk with dispatch before the arrival of the air unit to let them know where to get a hold of them and vice-versa, the heli's dispatch will give them a channel to reach units on-scene at. As the heli approaches they hail incident command and/or fire dispatch and request scene details and landing zone info.

Status
Not open for further replies.