Natural Death

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is it that when there is a natural death the fire department asks for the police to come i then listen to the police who call a car out to a natural death. Why are they needed and i live in Cheektowaga a small town we have no coroner but of course the county does.

JoeyC

Just because Billy Bob says that granny died a natural death doesn't necessarily mean that is true. The police usually investigate deaths to determine whether or not there is foul play involved, even when granny may have had a terminal disease.

c0untyb0y

Why is it that when there is a natural death the fire department asks for the police to come i then listen to the police who call a car out to a natural death. Why are they needed and i live in Cheektowaga a small town we have no coroner but of course the county does.

Cheektowaga a small town!? That's like saying New York City is a small city!

WickedPC

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
yeah cheektowaga is pretty big suburb of buffalo it is not that small

GO SABRES

fyrefyter2008

I could laugh at this question.....but I won't.

FD ALWAYS asks for a PO to the scene of an unattended (as it is called in ELmira by erway ambulance). Once a police officer does arrive he has a form to fill out and does some investigating to determine it was of natural causes and not foul play.

Usually the police officer on scene asks for a supervisor to also assist him (or her). The officer has form to fill out that basically says if there was food that was left out beyond the date the person was dead.

I Actually asked this quesition to a friend of mine the same day a person was found dead in his apartment. (go figure).

I'm not sure as to what all he said though..I"ll have to ask him again.

Status
Not open for further replies.