Nature Conservancy-Maine

Status
Not open for further replies.

wnl27

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone come across any frequencies used by the Nature Conservancy in Maine. I have seen at least one of their vehicles with
several different antennas on top. Searched both the FCC and RR database but found nothibg.

ecps92

my guess is either FRS/GMRS/MURS or renting from one of the many Maine Radio Shops.
Has anyone come across any frequencies used by the Nature Conservancy in Maine. I have seen at least one of their vehicles with
several different antennas on top. Searched both the FCC and RR database but found nothibg.

Thorndike113

It all depends on the type of antennas. My thought would probably be as ecps92 mentioned. Another thought is possibly that the Maine Forestry or DEP allows them on their system or possibly they have radios to communicate with local fire departments. Law enforcement and the like have certain types of antennas mounted in a certain pattern that is usually uniform with all the vehicles. This includes Forestry, DEP, Marine etc. of which the Maine Nature Conservancy works along with. My last thought is that they possibly could be on a radio system that is owned by a larger radio communications service such as Atlantic Communications, in which case, you wont figure it out unless you work for them.

ecps92

Unless Atlantic is 100% ENC, it may take awhile, but users can be found/determined with much diligence (Weeks of listening)
It all depends on the type of antennas. My thought would probably be as ecps92 mentioned. Another thought is possibly that the Maine Forestry or DEP allows them on their system or possibly they have radios to communicate with local fire departments. Law enforcement and the like have certain types of antennas mounted in a certain pattern that is usually uniform with all the vehicles. This includes Forestry, DEP, Marine etc. of which the Maine Nature Conservancy works along with. My last thought is that they possibly could be on a radio system that is owned by a larger radio communications service such as Atlantic Communications, in which case, you wont figure it out unless you work for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.