Navigating the WIKI - Adding Catagory to Virginia UID lists

Status
Not open for further replies.

N4VKF

Premium Subscriber
I am trying to add counties to the Virginia UID wiki off the main page. I cant figure out how to get a new page created with the TAG to append the main wiki catagory page.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
Please walk me through what you are trying to do.

A couple of thoughts:

The Wiki is a little weird when it comes to creating article. If you insert a link into an existing article to an article that doesn't yet exist, the link will be red in the existing article, you can click on that red link and the wiki will take you to the new article and you can edit it.

As for copying categories from one article to another, you have to do that manually.

mwjones

Premium Subscriber
I am trying to add counties to the Virginia UID wiki off the main page. I cant figure out how to get a new page created with the TAG to append the main wiki catagory page.
It sounds like you're looking at the category list. To add a new page that will show up in the category list.

To create the page, go to the main Wiki page for the county (The easiest way to get there is to go to your county in the RRDB and click on the "Wiki" link). Once you get to the main Wiki page for your county, click "Edit" from the Actions Menu at the top right, and add a link to your new page:

So for example, if I was going to create a page for King George County Radio IDs:

[[King George (VA) Radio IDs]]

Save the page and then the link will appear. Click on the link and you are ready to start editing.

Once you've started the new page, at the bottom of the new page insert the following:

[[Category:Virginia RID/UIDs]]

This will automatically add it to the "Virginia RID/UIDs" category page once you've saved it.

N4VKF

Premium Subscriber
okay thanks I will try that. I was editing the stafford page with what I had via the statewide page and found no way to create a new page from there. Thanks that Is all I needed. It works great.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.