Navtex freeware

Status
Not open for further replies.

eorange

♦Insane Asylum Premium Member♦
This is what I'm referring to...there are no visible tabs. The little dots below the black rectangles seem to be edges of tabs, but I have no idea what I'm clicking on. Clicking there does change what's below. Something is hosed up.

EDIT: Install of latest version fixed it. Will try again.

Last edited:

GB46

- frisnit NAVTEX never decoded anything. I saw the waveform, but tried FEC on/off, didn't matter, just random characters.
Which version were you using? I'm also wondering whether frisnit's NAVTEX is compatible with your OS. Are you using Windows 10? I'm still using Windows 7, but maybe the app is too old to be run on 10.

I did have some issues with the latest version posted on frisnit.com. Instead of displaying the jagged peaks of my rather high noise level at either side of the signal, the spectrum display showed a flat line, with the peaks of the Navtex signal barely showing up above that, even though the signal was strong enough to be perfectly audible above the noise. Also, a separate column had been added to the message list in the right-hand panel, which didn't display too well. The older version works a lot better (1.0.0.1).

eorange

♦Insane Asylum Premium Member♦
I am using frisnit 2.1.5 on Win10 Pro.

Anyway, I am up and running with YanD, and tonight it definitely synced faster and decoded more reliably than MultiPSK. I had trouble getting MultiPSK to sync tonight (but last night it synced pretty well). During this time I also tried frisnit again, still no luck on syncing.

I am all set between MPSK and YanD, but will keep playing with YanD. I also made a mistake, prior station wasn't Norfolk (I referenced an old printout from who knows where). The signals at this time are from Thunder Bay.

Status
Not open for further replies.