Navy F-18 jets over San Jose, 11-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

WA1ATA

I saw the two northbound jets as they did a hard left at low altitude to cross SJC then back hard right to head up towards Moffett. It was a surprise since I was taking a look with my binoculars to see if I could spot the Calstar 2 medical helo that was landing at Regional Medical Center around that time. The jets were on some other freq than the 124MHz SJC tower that I was monitoring, even though they were clearly right in the middle of SJC airspace.

It was only when I just now saw your post that I found out what they were doing.. A low flyby over the Spartan Stadium would account for the weird flight path.

Thanks.

I knew something was happening in the Bay Area, since the two jets flew in close formation low over my house on their way to make simultaneous landings on the parallel runways of Moffett yesterday afternoon.

CORN

Premium Subscriber
Hope they didn't get as close as this guy did.

SANTA MONICA, Calif.; A pilot who buzzed the Santa Monica Pier in a
military jet has been ordered to jail.

David G. Riggs
surrendered to authorities Wednesday to begin serving a 60-day sentence.

LiveLeak.com - Pilot Who Buzzed Santa Monica Pier in Military Jet Goes

One thing that needs to be made clear about the buzzing the pier is that it is not an active duty aircraft. Looks like an L-39 Albatross Warbird. It is a Check trainer for their militar but a warbird flown by civil pilots in this country. This guy is a civil pilot, not military in a US DOD aircraft. And your right if that isn't part of an going air show he is in deep doody.

Status
Not open for further replies.