Navy F-18C Demo Team Freqs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mojaveflyer

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone come up with some freqs for the Navy's F-18C West Coast Demo Team this year? They are appearing at an airshow in Broomfield, CO on August 28 & 29... I'm guessing they will have a practice air show on Friday (the 27th afternoon as well) Thanks!

CORN

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone come up with some freqs for the Navy's F-18C West Coast Demo Team this year? They are appearing at an airshow in Broomfield, CO on August 28 & 29... I'm guessing they will have a practice air show on Friday (the 27th afternoon as well) Thanks!

Nope. Majority of the consensus is they don't have or use a spotter freq for air show duty. Same goes for the Super Hornet demo as well. I've never come up with any and had signal stalker going the whole performance.

CalebATC

Nothing for a plane to plane freq or they just use a single ship demo flight?

They will most likely be monitoring the UHF "Uniform" Air Boss frequency most of the times. I did catch the VFA-106 Foxtrot demo on the UHF air boss. Now for the Navy heritage, I don't know of anything. Maybe try the USAF ACC Heritage frequency (VHF)?

But yes, always keep the VHF and UHF air boss in the list while listening. That should do the trick.

I didn't know the VFA-122 had a CHARLIE demo, I thought they were just FOXTROT. The F/A-18F is the best demo I have ever seen before, my favorite.

Caleb

CORN

Premium Subscriber
All the air shows i've been to the Super Hornet and Legacy Hornet have used the VHF air boss freq. I guess it depends on where they're at. What venue and so forth. But all you'll hear on the air boss freq is the normal ATC duties for their perfomance. You won't hear anything to a spotter like the F-22, F-15E, and the F-16 uses which is the topic here. Why i don't know. I guess they figure they don't need one. As for the Legacy flights those are usually done on the air show discretes for the weekend and that range is usually between 122-124MHz range. But i've also heard them on the air boss frequencies too.

CORN

Premium Subscriber
Almost forgot. The F/A-18C West Coast Demo he's referring too is the VFA-125 "Rough Raiders" based at NAS Lemoore. They are the west coast training squadron for the Legacy Hornet therefore they handle the F/A-18C Demo duties.

CalebATC

Almost forgot. The F/A-18C West Coast Demo he's referring too is the VFA-125 "Rough Raiders" based at NAS Lemoore. They are the west coast training squadron for the Legacy Hornet therefore they handle the F/A-18C Demo duties.

Oh, ok. I thought the VFA-106 was the only one that did the CHARLIE demo.

Mojaveflyer

Premium Subscriber
F-18C Demo Team Freqs

Thanks guys... I am net control once a month for a 'scanner Net' in Denver on the 147.225 MHz repeater and I was looking for info to put out to the folks this week end since it's my week end to be net control (I do one out of the four Sundays in a month and share the duties with three other guys). I appreciate your input!

Status
Not open for further replies.