Navy fighter CRASH!

Status
Not open for further replies.

georgesteve

4th alarm + mass casualty in area of birdneck rd & 24th st. navy fighter jet crashed into multiple apartment buildings. (11:54 CDT) Virginia beach Area Rescue crews from Virginia Beach are on the scene of a now four-alarm fire at the Mayfair View apartment complex. There have been reports of injuries and casualties now in the area.(12:05 CDT)

Last edited:

scannerfreak

Database Admin
Interesting, the AP is reporting no injuries on the ground and CNN is reporting 1 injury. CNN has live video and looking at the video I don't see how there isn't any casualties. Keep us updated.

Last edited:

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
Feed provider reports this is a MCI - any more info on that?

garys

Premium Subscriber
An MCI can be declared on the number of potential casualties, not just the number of actual casualties. Until the primary and secondary searches have been completed, no one will know how many actual casualties there are. It's entirely possible that there are bodies in the burnt out buildings.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Last edited:

Webodisk

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
An F/A -18 Based from Naval Station Oceana, VFA -106, Crash site is on Fleming Circle 4 multi unit Apt Buidlings damaged Reporting 5 injuries so far, Mutual aid from Norfolk & Cheaspeke for station coverage

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
MCI= Mass Casualty Incident Rdale.

Uhh - thanks? I know what an MCI is since my job revolves around planning for them. Around most parts they don't declare one until they know that the number of casualties will overwhelm the healthcare system. Guess they just do it different in VA, which is why I asked. No big deal.

(PS Read what I wrote next time, don't jump to conclusions based on what you think you know)

Webodisk

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
Please be professional here, not everyone knows your credentials or work history, and we all just want to help

Last edited:

kc4jgc

Wirelessly posted (SAMSUNG-SGH-T459/T459UVIA1 NetFront/3.4 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

Oceana FD just brought another engine to scene if needed. Following on ELMR tg 27175.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Status
Not open for further replies.