Navy Jets over Padre Island, what frequency?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scanthewaves

Over the last few days we have had fast jets over the island it’s been overcast and I can only hear the blast, my guess is they are Gosshawk trainers Out of Kingsville NAS, as Corpus NAS is mainly props and about 2 weeks ago I saw a couple off shore below the clouds heading North while at the National Seashore campground, I assume these are out of Kingsville, would they be on Corpus or Kingsville radio? Another possibility is they could be doing carrier qualifications and there is a carrier out there somewhere in the gulf, you would have to tune to a carrier ops frequency if that’s the case, although It’s more likely out of Kingsville, thoughts?

scanthewaves

United States Navy BLUE ANGLES are in town, getting ready for the air show MAY 1 and MAY 2.
That's one possibility I hadn't considere, of course the upcoming air show, most likely those Blue Angels trained at Corpus and Kingsville back in the day. Thanks for pointing that out.

scanthewaves

So they canceled today’s show due to the weather but tomorrow will go ahead as scheduled, it’s down by bay front, I was under the impression it was at the NAS, anyhow I’m considering going to watch it. anybody know what would be a good viewing spot? Thanks

scanthewaves

Looks like a good distance from the viewing area I luckily I just bought some Celestron high powered binocs, will the parachute team be viewable from there? How’s the parking there any chance there might be space for a class A motorhome? Thanks

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.