Nazareth,Pa Area 2M/220

Status
Not open for further replies.

KB3SKU

Premium Subscriber
Hi i was wondering on how active 220 is in the Nazareth,Pa area. The reason i ask is i was thinking on getting the Wouxun 2m/220 version. I already have the 2m/440.

I just want to know if it would be worth it.

Thank you in advance for the help.

CommJunkie

I'll be honest, I've never bought a 220 radio just because I can't see spending the money on an underused band. I realize I probably contribute to it being an underused band by thinking that way, but money is money. There are about 3 220 repeaters in my area, and they are all linked to either a 2m or a 70cm repeater.

You really need to look for repeaters in your area to see if it's worth it. According to this: Amateur and GMRS radio repeaters Local to NARBERTH, Pennsylvania
there are 5 repeaters in your area, but really 4, because the K3VIT repeater hasn't been active in years.

KB3SKU

Premium Subscriber
I'll be honest, I've never bought a 220 radio just because I can't see spending the money on an underused band. I realize I probably contribute to it being an underused band by thinking that way, but money is money. There are about 3 220 repeaters in my area, and they are all linked to either a 2m or a 70cm repeater.

You really need to look for repeaters in your area to see if it's worth it. According to this: Amateur and GMRS radio repeaters Local to NARBERTH, Pennsylvania
there are 5 repeaters in your area, but really 4, because the K3VIT repeater hasn't been active in years.

Yea i thought the same,thank you for the input.

W2NJS

Northampton County shows only one 220 mHz repeater in Easton on 224.700/PL 100.0. That information may be slightly out of date, so you could look up repeater sites and double-check it.

Status
Not open for further replies.