• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Nazi firfighter had 65 guns

Status
Not open for further replies.

soncorn

So is he an actual Nazi, or does he just collect Nazi paraphernalia?

There is a huge difference between the two. I am also curious about this "tip" they received. If anything the way Chicago is run should be considered Nazi-like. I am also sure the media hasn't trumped this up at all, you know emphasizing all the Nazi stuff, which really has no bearing on the fact that this guy had "65 unregistered guns".

prcguy

A gun is now “registered” within a state when purchased new but if you purchased it used from a private party many years ago, there is no requirement in most states that the gun be registered with the current owner. In fact, the US Government is strictly prohibited from amassing this type of firearms information on US Citizens. If Chicago Ill. has no requirement and none of the 65 guns in this article are stolen, then no gun crime has been committed. If this man is not a felon, it is his right as a US citizen to own 65 guns.
prcguy

RadioMarkW

Agreed,

The true "Nazi's" are the Police agencies cofinscating peoples guns. I get real tired of all the anti-gun crap!!!!

Chigago has really showed us the low crime rates as a result of gun control haven't they!

Regards,

mark

N2MWE

Premium Subscriber
Mark, don't blame the police agencies...blame the idiots that passed these gun control laws. Any police officer worth his/her salt will tell you that gun control laws are crap because they target the law abiding citizen. San Francisco recently tried to pass a law that would have FORBIDDEN ANYONE TO HAVE A GUN, INCLUDING OFF DUTY LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS.
New York allegedly has the toughest gun laws in the country...yet we are under siege here. It's because the gun control laws here target the people, not the savages.

Please, put the blame where it truly belongs...the liberals in government!

Napalm

Welcome to Britain :)

We have some of the toughest gun laws in Europe, if not the world, and it doesn't stop criminals having guns.

Since when will 5 years in jail stop someone from carrying a gun if:
A: he's commiting a bigger crime (Robbery, murder etc).
B: he feels it's going to save his life
C: he feels like he HAS to carry a gun or another black guy will shoot him :p

The main reason hand guns were banned over here is because 1 crazy loon *Legal* handgun owner went nutso. He should never have had his FAC renewed the last time, since everyone knew he was a bit of a crazy. (For details google for Dunblane Masacre).

CommShrek

Thankfully in the free state of Oklahoma we don't have to register our firearms. We are also allowed to own fully automatic firearms (machine guns) and cans (silencers, suppresors) are also legal out here. I take full advantage of my rights and I'm thankful for them. :)

I can't imagine myself residing somewhere that wants to trample on my freedoms. Too many good men and women have died in the defense of our freedoms for me not to make a good faith effort to exercise each and every one of them at every opportunity.

Rock on USA. Shame on places like Kalifornia, NYC, and Chicago that have some of the most restrictive gun laws in the nation. Why? I think it's because some people still can't grasp the concept of punishing the criminals. Single them out and punish them for their crimes. Don't punish the rest of us who are law abiding citizens. I'm not a big dan of "blanket whackings" either.

I too am curious what the deal with this guy was. To punish someone because they own something with a swastika on it is friggin' ridiculous. Like one guy said already, there's a big difference between someone who claims to be a Nazi and someone who is in possesion or collects some historical relics.

Dorpmuller

Last edited:

DSmith3

When I read the article, it seemed a bit suspicious. I'm not aware of any law that forbids us from having any types of literature. Isn't that the whole point of living in a "free" country?
But as we all know this isn't a free country, and it is considered a more horrible crime to do something like Mel Gibson and spout off certain words, than it is for say... Robert Downey junior who is an out of control Heroin addict, or OJ Simpson a murderer. If only one of them had used a politically incorrect word during the process of their crimes, they both would still be in jail.
In Chicago it is against the law to own a handgun, and parts of Metropolitan Chicago have laws forbidding the ownership of any gun whatsoever.

Raccon

Napalm said:
Welcome to Britain :)

We have some of the toughest gun laws in Europe, if not the world, and it doesn't stop criminals having guns.
Yeah, but it's difficult to obtain one and thus prevents "casual" use of those. Just compare how many people are killed by guns in the UK and the US.
And how many accidents happen at home in the UK that involve guns? How many shootings have you had in UK schools?
I stronly believe that restricting access does help, it may not prevent some criminals obtaining them but it certainly makes it harder and does help to reduce the likelyhood of people getting killed by them.

SCPD

DSmith3 said:
In Chicago it is against the law to own a handgun, and parts of Metropolitan Chicago have laws forbidding the ownership of any gun whatsoever.
This wording caught my eye. So ... if I leave my guns in Texas and travel through O'hare airport - am I a criminal ? How about if I leave the airport and head for downtown Chicago?
-rick

Raccon said:
Yeah, but it's difficult to obtain one and thus prevents "casual" use of those. Just compare how many people are killed by guns in the UK and the US.
And how many accidents happen at home in the UK that involve guns? How many shootings have you had in UK schools?
I stronly believe that restricting access does help, it may not prevent some criminals obtaining them but it certainly makes it harder and does help to reduce the likelyhood of people getting killed by them.
How many school shootings were there in the 50's when kids took guns to school? Heck there were racks to put your rifles in in the classroom!

As for shooting in homes. Better take a moment to look up the stats and see how many of those are illegal guns to begin with. And how few of them actually occur. Then get on the band wagon to restrict access to bath tubs and buckets as more kids are killed in them then by guns.

jeffrey420

Just my opinion!

It is high time we realize that guns do not kill people, people kill people. Ignorance and stupidity is the true culprit in all senseless deaths.

It seems that the more we cater to ignorant and stupid people, the more reckless society becomes.

As far as the guy with the NAZI memorabilia, as long as he is not painting it on other peoples property or advocating Nazism. It was in the privacy of his own home.

As far as the unregistered guns. Make him register them.

I think law enforcement officers have far more important things to worry about, especially in Chicago.

Raccon

newbie said:
How many school shootings were there in the 50's when kids took guns to school? Heck there were racks to put your rifles in in the classroom!
I dunno if comparing the 50s to today makes for a valid argument.

As for shooting in homes. Better take a moment to look up the stats and see how many of those are illegal guns to begin with. And how few of them actually occur. Then get on the band wagon to restrict access to bath tubs and buckets as more kids are killed in them then by guns.
Shootings at home are only a part of the entire (gun) problem. Besides, bath tubs and buckets are not intended for killing, guns are.

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Raccon said:
Shootings at home are only a part of the entire (gun) problem. Besides, bath tubs and buckets are not intended for killing, guns are.
I never knew guns were made for killing, just shooting. Sounds like you have anger issues if you think that a tool can only be used to kill.

Raccon said:
I dunno if comparing the 50s to today makes for a valid argument.

Why not Guns were easily available tthen. No FBI NIcS check. no registration. Walk in buy one leave. kids took them to school and were in school shooting leagues. Heck even here at Cody HS in Detroit. Kids went hunting on the way home. So are GUNS the issue or is it the lack of PARENTS being PARENTS now?

It is not a GUN problem but parents not teaching kidss what is right. takee guns away and then it will be a knife or baseball bat problem.

i have several WWi and WWII rifles here and they are not killing anyone. they are used in rifle matches. I better go tell them they are only made to kill.

elk2370bruce

More people are killed in stabbing events than by shooting. Maybe we should register steak knives. Any reasonably sized object can be used for "anger management resolution". Check some records and you'll find hammers (or all persuasions), crowbars and re-bar, autombiles, kitchen forks, and telephone receivers. The problem is not the tool, it is the nitwit who wields it in a fit of anger, panic, or frustration. Og the Caveman used to dispatch his challengers with a sharpened stick - so do we outlaw trees? The entire argument of outlawing a specific object is ludicrous. The only one complying with the law is the population that is the law-abiding victims of miscreants. (No, I am not a member of the NRA, just the ARRL that has its own problems).

Status
Not open for further replies.