NC Bear Hunters on 2 meters

Status
Not open for further replies.

rescuecomm

Looks like they are back for another two weeks of glory. Find out what the dogs are running at Cedar Mountain with MULE SKINNER on 147.800 mhz. Not funny really, but whatever.

Bob

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.973 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Are the hunters hams? If so, what is the problem?

SCPD

QRT
My guess would be that 'ole "Mule Skinner" isn't a tactical amateur/ham radio call sign. If he/she was a legitimate licensed operator they should know that the frequency they're using is used as a repeater input.

reedeb

My guess would be that 'ole "Mule Skinner" isn't a tactical amateur/ham radio call sign. If he/she was a legitimate licensed operator they should know that the frequency they're using is used as a repeater input.

10-4 GOOOOD buddy!! That old Mule Skinner be one of them good old boys who don't believe in such stupid things as a license. [thems for wimps REAL men don't need such things!!]

LarrySC

I talked to the fellow at the Pickens Flea Marker last Wed that used those radios last year and he said he had sold them to someone else. rescuecomm posted this information without listing any issue. For those people outside of SC and Western NC please note that we monitor their comms for SPORT. We all understand they should not use those radios but their mindset is " We dont need no stinking license"

rescuecomm

Wouldn't work. Some yum yums don't care what they use and will ignore you or tell you to {Blank] off.

Yep, I tried that last year.

Mike, I was jesting about the comms, but they have been on 2 meters unlicensed for about 3 years now. Three years ago, they were getting into the 147.195 repeater before we had the PL on the input. That is how I found out what they were doing.

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.