NC DOT / VIPER TG usage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyham

Well, better late than never but I finally got to here some traffic on one of the NC DOT VIPER Tgs.

NCDOT DIV 8 - TG ID 51805 (yes its already in the database)

Salt / Sand / Scraper operations in well DOT Div 8. Mostly working roads in eastern Randolph County and Western Chatham County. Heard of the Riverdale Viper tower. double checked with UNI Trunker.

NwJ

kc4wsd

Premium Subscriber
Well, better late than never but I finally got to here some traffic on one of the NC DOT VIPER Tgs.

NCDOT DIV 8 - TG ID 51805 (yes its already in the database)

Salt / Sand / Scraper operations in well DOT Div 8. Mostly working roads in eastern Randolph County and Western Chatham County. Heard of the Riverdale Viper tower. double checked with UNI Trunker.

NwJ
Good catch. Worth monitoring during the next snow/ice event - and there WILL be one!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

CFP387

Division 9 in Rowan County still uses VHF low band (47.38 PL 107.2) for all road-clearing communications. There are a few supervisors who have 800 radios but I've never heard traffic on their respective VIPER talk group. Rowan's TRS has a talk group labeled DOT and the supervisors will use it on occasion to talk to our 911 center but not to their maintenance office.

cmjonesinc

Premium Subscriber
I caught 51805 off the Coleridge tower a couple days ago myself. I hardly ever hear DOT.

Status
Not open for further replies.