NC Fleet Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

IcomIcR20

Premium Subscriber
Heard a few more new sites on a drive from Winston-Salem to Pinehurst to Laurinburg. I'll do some digging through the FCC database later:

451.025 Site #21 - Weak at the Montgomery/Randolph county line. s4 (out of 5) near Biscoe. s1 near West End. s1-s3 at Candor.

451.1125 Site #29 - Believe this site is on Mt Gillead in Western Montgomery County.

452.675 Site #30 - Very weak near Biscoe. Fluctuating from s2 to full signal at Eagle Springs. Full signal at West End. s2 at Southern Pines. This site certainly seems to be in Moore County.

451.5625 Site #25 - Heard s1 at 13 miles north of Laurinburg. s2 - s4 in downtown Laurinburg.

453.0125 Site #12 - Heard at full signal on the crests of hills near Rockingham... signal dropped some in the valleys. Same characteristics when I checked near Ellerbe.

I also got the voice frequencies for the Cedar Rock Site near Asheboro. I was hearing some traffic with this setup:

461.475 - RAN 23 - LCN 519
462.1125 - RAN 23 - LCN 570
463.8125 - RAN 23 - LCN 706
464.950 - RAN 23 - LCN 797

Still have yet to sift through the site neighbors that I got when I ran DSD on a few sites. I’m also not sure which network all of these sites are on. I was traveling through an area where some could be SC sites, the Charlotte area network site, or the NC/VA network sites. More stuff still to be worked out... but that’s all part of the fun!

IcomIcR20

Premium Subscriber
I have identified site #12 (453.0125 MHz) as being in Lilesville, Anson County. This is the license: ULS License - Industrial/Business Pool, Trunked License - WRCD862 - ROCK COMMUNICATIONS LLC

I can't say for sure, but I am pretty sure it is part of the Charlotte Area Network. There is already a confirmed Site 12 on the VA/NC network and there is a SC Fleet Talk Site 12 listed in the database already (Unless there are actually two SC networks as some have suggested).

My best guess for 452.675 MHz is a known Fleet Talk site on Down Rd, just north of West End in Moore County. The coverage pattern I generated for that site matches what I was hearing just about perfectly. The license for that site does not list that frequency however and I can find no record of that frequency in all of Moore County. Maybe a frequency change not yet reflected in the FCC DB?

Interestingly, the license for that site (WQXY664) shows 451.025 MHz which I heard as site 21, as being in on Dowd Rd., However, the signal in West End was no where near as strong as 452.675 Mhz. Very confusing... not quite sure what to make of all that. If anyone down there has any insight, that would be great! Still have yet to find anything for the other sites I heard.

IcomIcR20

Premium Subscriber
New site discovered today: Site #2 on the NC/VA network. It appears to be a single frequency site running on 454.3375 MHz (LCN 348). Since that is a paging channel, there is no site license. I am pretty sure based on my monitoring that the site is located atop Eno Mountain in Orange County, NC (where the VIPER site is).

Also, I personally confirmed site 30 on the NC/VA network to be located on Dowd Rd. in Moore County, NC.

One final note is that several sites ranging from Greensboro over to Raleigh are reporting a site 14 with a possible control channel of 461.8125 MHz that I have yet to locate.

IcomIcR20

Premium Subscriber
I can't seem to be able to import Fleettalk into my 996P2 using ProScan. I don't see it in NC State systems.
It is under multi-state systems, not just NC. Keep in mind that there is a lot missing/inaccurate in the DB. Some of the admins are working on updates.

CFP387

...138, 139 and 143 appear to be Rowan County Schools (need to work on these)...

Before the start of the 2019-2020 school year, ALL of the Rowan-Salisbury School system TG's were encrypted, including transportation and maintenance following concerns of safety for the students and staff. There were several more TG's added so that there could be fewer schools on each.

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
Today, the Fleettalk system database entries for South Carolina and North Carolina were merged into a single database system page. All of the sites for SC and NC along with all talkgroup groups and talkgroups were combined onto one page. This was done to simplify the database management process, and the system import process, because these multiple "systems" really act as a single system.

Over time, the database admins will be more carefully defining the site listings, to indicate which sites appear to connect to each separate system. We'll also be adding voice frequencies and other details to the site listings.

If you're in range of one of these sites and have a scanner or other receiving system (like an RTL SDR dongle and DSDPlus software), please consider loading this system and attempt to identify talkgroups. I have found that the recent DSDPlus Fastlane version that supports single dongle trunk-tracking makes the process of recording individual talkgroups very simple. This makes identifying talkgroups easy if you can listen to a day's worth (or more) of transmissions on one talkgroup.

Be patient as we fill out the database page, but look for additional information to be posted soon.

IcomIcR20

Premium Subscriber
Haven't listened to this system in a while, but today I did note a few things of interest:

1. The Randleman site in Randolph County (Site 10) is now using 452.3375 MHz as it's control channel which matches this license:

2. I noticed licenses for two new sites -- one in Roxboro and another in Carrboro. I will try to check those out at some point in the future to see if they are online unless someone beats me to it. This is the license: WRDX853 (MOBILE COMMUNICATIONS INC.) FCC Callsign Details

I am going to let the scanner run over the next few days to see what new TGs or other stuff has appeared on this system since I last monitored it.

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
I admin the Florida Fleettalk system, and yes, I roam the other Fleettalk systems when traveling.
Right now, we have a dealers bridge on TG 1 between Rock 219 and FLA 96. So every once in a while you will see my
ID pop up on the active sites that are monitoring the "wide area" channel while traveling around Florida.

There are now 4 segments of 219, 30 sites possible.
System 15, last known, was at 13 sites, covers Georgia and added 3 more sites recently (GA Fleettalk)
System 96 (FLA) we are at 42 sites state wide (regional structure)

I will say this, we are all doing fairly well with our customers and more keep coming onto it.

IcomIcR20

Premium Subscriber
I believe I've found a new site. I am extremely far away from this site but I can tell there is a hint of a signal through the static: Site 18 - Should be on Sugar Mountain in Avery County, NC. CC is 462.425. This is the license:
https://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/UlsSearch/license.jsp?licKey=4183514. If anyone up there can check and confirm that would be great.

Also, after checking the neighbors of some of the sites I can receive, I believe that the aforementioned Carrboro site should be site 19 with a CC of 461.800... I will have to check that out.

Lastly, Sauratown Mountain and Randleman are showing a new site 6 as a neighbor with a CC of 454.3625. I have no copy on it here. Maybe it's the Roxboro site? No idea at this point.

Last edited:

IcomIcR20

Premium Subscriber
Did some driving today... 461.800 is indeed Site 19, Carrboro.

Site 13, Greensboro's control channel is now 451.825.

Site 2 is not actually on Eno Mountain but somewhere else in northern Orange County... possibly at the site mentioned in the license WRDT743.

Status
Not open for further replies.