NC Metro Area Federal Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

SD70MAC

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2.3; en-us; Droid Build/FRK76) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Thanks for link, I am fairly new to Federal monitoring.

ecps92

YOU may then want to browse the RR WIKI then as there are 217+ wiki's related to FEDERAL Monitoring

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2.3; en-us; Droid Build/FRK76) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Thanks for link, I am fairly new to Federal monitoring.

SD70MAC

odd NAC for BRPW 172.725

I got an odd NAC code while searching the Blue Ridge Parkway frequencies today and got a Ranger on 172.725 with NAC C48 . I'm not sure what site this goes with ,but its not a NAC I have seen with the BRPW system. Just wanted to share it.

MFD4305

Feds in Asheville?

I was told recently that both FBI and DEA have operations based in Asheville. There's nothing (I could find) in the database for local frequencies for either of these agencies. Has anyone monitored either agency in Asheville or surrounding Buncombe County?
Thanks!

RohnsRadio

Premium Subscriber
FBI used to have an office in Charlotte, i know. used to hear them on the radio in the "good ole days." DEA is everywhere. they keep a very low profile. they are some of the most paraoid law officers I hae ever worked with.

SCPD

QRT
Various federal law enforcement agencies have repeaters in WNC. According to the phonebook the FBI has an office in Asheville.

nate1992

To my knowledge there are no audible FBI frequency's in asheville! The FBI, US Marshall's, and DEA are all out of the Federal Building in downtown Asheville and to the last word i herd about it, it was a small office for all of them =/, And its possible its not a operational office so probably not a lot to tune in to!

I could be wrong just assumptions and 3rd party information!

SCPD

QRT
There is a pretty good amout of federal law enforcement radio traffic in western NC. Check the Federal Government RR wiki it has a wealth of very up to date info. As far as the FBI in WNC, it is 98% encrypted....USMS, DEA, CBP is 98% in the clear so there is still a lot you can hear.....at least for now.

MFD4305

Thanks!

.... for the replies regarding federal ops in Asheville. It sounds like it will be a matter of patient searching, but now I have some ideas on where to start.

Status
Not open for further replies.