NC Mil-Air Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
USMC ATTACK HELO EXERCISE

USMC CHERRY POINT AND NEW RIVER AIR STATIONS light attack helo squadrons will be doing special night exercises all this week.....expect heavy helo activity in surrounding counties past 2AM each night.....live fire action at Piney Island and Camp Lejeune ranges.....

Barefootdipole

NCFireman11

Premium Subscriber
King 2-1 checked in this evening on 122.725 to advise Mtn Air (private runway for Country Club in Burnsville,NC) that they were within 15 miles south of the runway passing through. Also, Septor 1-5 (C-130) has made several passes through Mountain Air's airspace in the past few months.

RMPDCOP

Database Admin
August 12, 2010
300.125 Seymour Johnson LANCERS
249.900 Simmons R-5311
376.100 Seymour Johnson Supervisor of Flight
283.250 AWACS
300.125 CLASH 22
301.525 Seymour Johnson 333 FS Air/Air
290.900 CLASH 21 requesting clearance for Echo Mike
326.200 CLASH 21
123.700 TALLY (C-130E 43 AW Pope AFB)
299.600 Seymour Johnson Approach

New bogue field tower frequency

FAA NOTAM 18 AUG announced new BOGUE FILED TOWER FREQUENCY 341.3

heard it in use tonight to verify......in fact operated duplex with some aircraft.....Tower on VHF and aircraft on UHF.....so 126.45 is still operational too

126.45 CTAF BOGUE TOWER VICTOR
341.3 BOGUE TOWER UNIFORM

Barefootdipole

CenGen AIR

CenGen AIR in AM comms with CenGen TALK on 123.45 Mhz......at USMC Bogue Field......using this as main comms and coordinating frequency......

CenGen company reps and USMC Radio Batallion testing out new Tactical mobile Wireless Network for integrating dismount/vehicular/airborne platforms into multi node data and voice Networks.......

Working out of Bogue Field....CenGen AIR is in airborne orbit overhead.....CenGen TALK is in a parking lot about three miles away and CenGen Trailer is at Bogue Field.....using ECARS and TrackNet Data Networks and EPLRS Micro Lite radios.......

Been testing all week for the ability to Network the different USMC tactical battle platforms together....

Barefootdipole

Last edited:

trumpetman

Database Admin
There's not a lot to hear minus Snowbird MOA and a few training routes. I heard a jet check in with Atlanta on the Sugarloaf RCAG a while back on 281.1 so make sure you have UHF ARTCC in your scanner to give you a heads up to activity (be aware though, mil air does sometimes use VHF). I have a word document I found a while back, but haven't had the chance to listen in and see if it's legit information/procedures for Snowbird.

Oh, and don't forget about the AR tracks too.

Attachments

• Snowbird MOA Procedures.doc
    63.5 KB · Views: 1,561
Hurricane 71 bogue field

126.45 and 341.3 BOGUE TOWER VHF & UHF

HURRICANE 71 Cobra gunship in comms with BOGUE TOWER,doing LHA pad landings using NVG.....field lights off........

SABRE 41 flight of three Cobra gunships on BOGUE TOWNER UHF freq coming in for landing practice while HURRICANE 71 is departing....BOGUE gets HURRICANE 71 to shift freq to UHF 341.3 for coordination.......

Barefootdipole

trumpetman

Database Admin
Has anyone copied NEWSREEL lately? I ask because Airnav is showing their new CP frequency as 292.250 instead of the old 292.200, and I haven't heard anything on the old frequency....

nitroboie

It's that time of year again!

Flyover ATC for the truck race is active on 257.8.

EDIT: Disregard, wasn't related to a flyover... but hopefully it'll be active for tomorrow night's races.

Last edited:
Fantastic thread- I hope to contribute soon, since I am located close to MCAS Cherry Point. The problem is, I don't have anything that picks up MilAir freqs. I have done a lot of browsing here and on scannermaster.com but I'm a little overwhelmed with all the variety.... I would be grateful for your suggestions on what to buy (and not break the bank.) :)

GB1952

Premium Subscriber
I use a bearcat bc-780xlt you can find them under used scanner section, ebay,qth ect. I would not pay over $150.00

BMT

Nc milair

A UNIDEN 780XLT would be an excellent starter scanner for MILAIR.
Right now you should check local pawn shops also.
To make sure it works program a local weather freq.

You'll have 10 banks of 50 freqs each bank to program.

If you are new to MILAIR,I would program Bank-1 for Air Traffic Control.
Bank-2 to for local bases.
Bank-3 Ranges and MOA's.
Bank-3 FACSFAC VACAPES(GIANTKILLER) and FACSFAC JAX(SEALORD".

You now still have 7 Banks to fill. ;-)))

BMT

Flyham

Reach Flights / NC ANG CLT

Hello All, Just caught a glimpse on NEWS 14 ref NC ANG deploying to Afghanistan from Charlotte with several glimpses of C-130's. With that said did anyone catch any REACH flights today?

Whistle 45...tin whistle 47

251.6 GIANT KILLER

WHISTLE 45 calling GIANTKILLER RTB US Boat.....then had to slowly explain callsign that another group flight of two TIN WHISTLE 47 exiting area too.....hadn't heard these callsigns before.....

E2-D new version Hawkeye doing exercise test flights off Enterprise too....calling Cherry Point ATC with details to possible RTB PAX River home base...

Bold Alligator multi exercise with USMC/USN-- Enterprise Carrier Group and Iwo Jima Group et el runs thru about Feb 12.....lots of VA and NC invasion scenerios both coastal amphib and inland air assaults too.....

Barefootdipole

JESTER 11

Prowler squadron planes out of Cherry Point having a heck of a time with their new LINK-16 system to work right....lots of choice blue descriptions.....funny

Status
Not open for further replies.