NC Roll Call

AF1US

Premium Subscriber
New to the forum but have been using RR for many years. I am now living in Iredell County (Troutman - between Mooresville and Statesville) and have a Uniden BCD-536HP. Having some issues with trunking in this area - scanner not picking up anything other than conventional signals.
Does anyone know this scanner well and have an idea of what I might be doing wrong? Using Sentinel software and RR database.

Amateur Extra Class - AF1US

KE4ZNR - do you know an administrator that can change my user name to my ham call?

Thanks, Brian

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
KE4ZNR - do you know an administrator that can change my user name to my ham call?

Thanks, Brian

As far as changing your username please read this thread:
http://forums.radioreference.com/forum-rules-guidelines/304703-frequently-asked-administrative-questions.html

1) How do I change my username?
The site owner, Mr. Lindsay Blanton, is the only person who may do this. You must email him privately at webmaster @ radioreference.com. Be ready to give a good reason why it needs to be changed. Generally usernames are changed because of an amateur radio callsign grant - or change - or you later decide your username should have not contained your true name. All else will undoubtedly be denied. Deactivating your account and creating a new account to circumvent this could possibly result in an infraction and/or having your User Title changed to reflect your old username.

I am sure someone local to you can help you out with the scanner :)
Welcome to RR!
Marshall KE4ZNR

Metrofire31

Premium Subscriber
Update in Macon County

Mike here

My original post in this thread was in May, 2014 right after I had retired and resettled in the majestic western NC mountains (Franklin). For health reasons (I'm scared!!!) I haven't mounted my external antennae on the roof yet but hope to this spring. My house is at 2700' on the side of a mountain and I will need the height to pick up signals beyond the 5000' and 6000' mountains which surround my property in all directions.

For monitoring in my house, I use: BCD996P2, BCD996XT, XTS2500 UHF, XTS5000 VHF, BC780XT, BC796D w/digital card, BC296D w/digital card, and RS Pro-2066.

Mobile in my Jeep Wrangler: Kenwood TK-7180, Kenwood TK-8180, BCD996XT with RH-96 remote, XTS2500 (for P25 VHF monitoring). Also keep the following for when I exit the vehicle: Kenwood NX-300, XTS5000 700/800, XTS5000 UHF, Uniden BCD396XT (2)

I also have numerous Icom and Yaesu handheld and mobile radios (UHF & VHF) plus a few Motorola Sabres, Systems Sabres, and Astro Sabres (VHF, UHF, 800) which I plan to offer for sale on eBay very soon. Let me know if anyone is interested.

Mike
"Metrofire31"
Franklin, NC
WQIT636 (GMRS)

drayd48

What are you trying to scan (Frequencies, Talkgroup Systems)? Have you got the rebanding for the Mooresville System?

drayd48

What are you trying to scan (Frequencies, Talkgroup Systems)? Have you got the rebanding for the Mooresville System?

New to the forum but have been using RR for many years. I am now living in Iredell County (Troutman - between Mooresville and Statesville) and have a Uniden BCD-536HP. Having some issues with trunking in this area - scanner not picking up anything other than conventional signals.
Does anyone know this scanner well and have an idea of what I might be doing wrong? Using Sentinel software and RR database.

Thanks, Brian

Check your PM

rulowenough03

Josh- KM4KTK
Stony Point, NC
Pro 668 Handheld
BCD 996 Mobile
Yaesu FT-8800R Mobile
Baofeng UV-5R Handheld x2

Hello everyone. Josh-KM4KTK here. Long time listener/enthusiast and recently licensed Ham Radio operator. Happy to be a part of this great community.

AF1US

Premium Subscriber
Update to Issues

Thanks, Brian

I got some good suggestions on this site to help my scanning situation in Iredell County but the best thing I did was to add a Diamond Discone antenna to the system. Turned out the Diamond I was using before specifically blocked 800Mhz so that's naturally not going to work.

I posted a picture of the antenna stand I built for the Diamond to sit in my attic [See Scanning in Mooresville thread]. Very strong signals all over the county now! http://forums.radioreference.com/no...ion-forum/328790-scanning-mooresville-nc.html

Thanks for all the advice.

Brian
AF1US

Last edited:

PugCity

Your Name (& ham callsign if you have one)
~Location
~Radios in your shack
~What do you monitor on a daily basis?

Rod
Burlington NC
Cobra DX 29 (CB)
Still trying to find Local Channel in Burlington. Right now still scanning the Bands.

RobJustice4713

Premium Subscriber
Hey Everybody!

My name is Rob, and I recently moved to the Raleigh (Youngsville) area from Tucson, Arizona. Ironically I moved to an area (Franklin County-Harris LSM) that I cannot monitor. Ive been into scanning for about 12 years now and have had a slew of different radios. I am interested in knowing about any types of radio clubs in the area that I can join.

Equipment:

Uniden BCD436HP,
Uniden BCD536HP
Whistler WS1098
Baofeng UV-5R x2

newsnick175

Premium Subscriber
Nick Fischer: retired news cameraman (CBS2 NY 40 years)
Retired volunteer firefighter (Melville,NY 41 years)
WQPU474 - GMRS
BCD996XT x 3, BCT15X, BCT15 x 2, BCD396XT & BCD436HP
Kenwood: TK-8182, TK-3360
Very happy about the lack of encryption on VIPER & UASI

t0xPro-197

Premium Subscriber
hi todd came from nw ga too maggie valley little over year ago been in scanning since 1992
uniden 396xt
baofeng 2 way radio
Uniden BCD436HP,
trying too get ham lic not doing good on test

KF6RIJ

Premium Subscriber
fellow brethren who regularly ignore static

Jon, KF6RIJ here. Recently moved to Moore County after 20 plus years in the wilderness of 6 land. Spent more than 2 hours attempting to change address on the FCC website, will just have to wait a couple more days. Currently using a BC780xlt and a BC296d, along with an Icom 706 for everything lower. Really like milcom monitoring and of course, everything else that moves. Really, anything that agitates electrons is what I listen to. Debating changing callsigns, since it isn't actually required, but regardless, I am here. Like the space that is RR. Hope all you guys(and girls) are good. Looking forward to participating.

Good day, and happy monitoring.
Jon

rescueman369

intro

~Phil
~East Charlotte (not too far from CPCC Cato Campus)
~BAOFENG UV-5R
~Mecklenburg County Fire/EMS (156.165)

Attachments

• 4e1f0311-eb3e-4521-9144-5bea1a0de928.jpg
    4e1f0311-eb3e-4521-9144-5bea1a0de928.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 331

ncranchero

Premium Subscriber
Steve. A bit slow on the draw here, too many irons in the fire.
Denver,NC
PRO433, HP1, PRO649, BCT7 (sold everything else)
Mainly monitor NCSHP & Lincoln County

Mtnfyre

~Bradley Henderson
~Mills River NC
~ uniden hope patrol 1 in truck Kenwood tk-280 portable
~ Transylvania and henderson EMS and fire other ems and fire as i pass thru

Paramedic so i keep up with work on days off. wife hates it but after 20 years in emergency services as a firefighter, ems or medic seems odd not to hear the chatter in the background

gobigkahuna

~ Paul
~ Swansboro, NC
~ General Class Radio Amateur KF6TIL
~ No VHF / UHF gear at present, have an Icom IC-718 HF xcvr waiting to be put on line.
~ Retired Navy and Merchant Marine officer, currently a volunteer fire fighter for Swansboro Fire Department.

SCPD

QRT
Hello from Charlotte/LKN area...

Got a nifty little shack, all covert suburban stuff, run a kenwood tm-v71 in suv, lots of misc kit, alinco hf rig, ht's, scanners/sdr and the like..

glad to be aboard...