NC RR members with BlackBerry

Status
Not open for further replies.

KM4WLV

Hey guys,

Got to thinking this moning about everyone here who uses BlackBerries. I have created a group on my BlackBerry for NC RR members. I was thinking if anyone was interested we could use it to keep each other aprised of incidents & things like that. I know we have Carolinas Fire Page, and they do a good job. Just thought our BlackBerry users would like to try this out.

If you have a BlackBerry and are interested let me know. If you will send me you PIN I'll add you to my phone & send you a group invite.

If you're interested send your PIN to me via BlackBerry Messenger. My PIN is 227171FC. Hopefully this will generate some interest. If you do join the group it is set up so anyone can invite someone to join, and I will grant admin privledges to others so I can have some help in maitaining the group.

Thanks guys !!!!

Marshall, can this get sticked too? I think we may get some good response out of this. Thanks man !!!

Last edited by a moderator:

C138NC

Tactical Taco Consumer
Now i wish i didnt stop using my blackberry lol... Im on the droid now "ERIS" but i wish i could develop an IM system that would be compatible with RIM's BBM. Now they would have a fit but then again... I had the brains to make such an application. If i bring my Tour back in service ill send you a PM.

KM4WLV

I am in Asheville and have a BB....sending you a PM

Mike,
Sent you a reply with instructions. Let me know if you need more. Also, if you send me your PIN to be added to the NC BB Group & are interested in being a Group Admin let me know.

Thanks to those that have shown interest so far !!!

KX4KDH

Database Admin
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8330/5.0.0.608 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104)

I gave Daniel your PIN. He will have you in tomorrow some time. He has been sick the last couple of days.

Last edited:

KM4WLV

pin 31734D

Tried sending you an invite to the group but it's telling me that it's an invalid PIN. Can you double check & make sure you didn't miss any characters?

Also to all other NC members, we are going to start this up again for all of our BlackBerry users. If you would like to be added just post in this thread, PM or email me, or you can send a invite request to my BlackBerry. My PIN is listed in my signature. Hoping that this will take off this time !!

********Make sure you use the PIN in my signature and not the one in the original post because I do not have that phone anymore. It is now being used by my wife. Thanks !!!*************

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
********Make sure you use the PIN in my signature and not the one in the original post because I do not have that phone anymore. It is now being used by my wife. Thanks !!!*************

I edited your initial post so that it has the correct PIN and deleted the other PIN.

Marshall KE4ZNR

KM4WLV

Just wanted to update everyone on our NC BlackBerry Group (NCIN). NCIN = North Carolina Incident Notification. We've used it to inform each others of big incidents throughout our state.

However it is also used for general chat/talk about radios. We are having really good participation. Right now I am the administrator of the group and was the only one that could send out an invite to join the group. I am changing that. ****To all the current group members**** I am taking the restriction off & allowing current group members to invite others that are interested in joining.

Let me note however that if anyone becomes unruly, disrespectful, or anything of the sort I will remove you from our group. I am happy to say that really taking off this time !!

Status
Not open for further replies.