NC Viper - identification of talkgroup 32672 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gguy396XT

Hi, new BCD396XT user in Wake county, North Carolina. After taking an embarrassing amount of time to finally understand the Uniden concepts of sites, groups, channels, and how to actually use quick keys, number tags, etc., I have been having lots of fun and learning a lot. Feels like my brain is on overload!

My question is regarding the identity of talkgroup 32672 on the Viper 800 system. My best guess is it's a prison or correctional facility of some sort. Regular chatter. Does anyone have this group? I did search before asking.

The Submission page says "Please DO NOT submit unidentified information", so I figured I could ask on the forum.

BTW, is there not a "search by talkgroup id" feature on the database search page? I see "Search by System ID" but not "Talkgroup ID".

Thanks!
-John

Last edited:

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Hi, new BCD396XT user in Wake county, North Carolina. After taking an embarrassing amount of time to finally understand the Uniden concepts of sites, groups, channels, and how to actually use quick keys, number tags, etc., I have been having lots of fun and learning a lot. Feels like my brain is on overload!

My question is regarding the identity of talkgroup 32672 on the Viper 800 system. My best guess is it's a prison or correctional facility of some sort. Regular chatter. Does anyone have this group? I did search before asking.

That talkgroup is Wake Sheriff Detention Center PSC. I could have sworn it was already in the database but nonetheless I have added to the database.

The Submission page says "Please DO NOT submit unidentified information", so I figured I could ask on the forum.

That is indeed one of the reasons that these forums exist :)

BTW, is there not a "search by talkgroup id" feature on the database search page? I see "Search by System ID" but not "Talkgroup ID".

While you have the VIPER database page pulled up in your browser hit CTRL+F and use the browser to help you search for specific TGIDs.
Happy Monitoring
Marshall KE4ZNR

gguy396XT

That talkgroup is Wake Sheriff Detention Center PSC. I could have sworn it was already in the database but nonetheless I have added to the database.

Sweet! I also have a few more from a recent search, so I'll post a thread for identification.

While you have the VIPER database page pulled up in your browser hit CTRL+F and use the browser to help you search for specific TGIDs.

That's how I have been doing it! Thanks for your help, Marshall.

SCPD

QRT
NC VIPER Talkgroup Identifications.

Hi, just curious if anyone minds updating the RR database or letting people know what TG's are 17024, 21680, 44304, 44320, 51744, and 64736 ?

Thanks.

Last edited:

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Hi, just curious if anyone minds updating the RR database or letting people know what TG's are 17024, 21680, 44304, 44320, 51744, and 64736 ?

Thanks.

I have added additional talkgroups to the database so all of the above should
now be listed. Next time please start a new thread instead of hijacking someone
elses thread. Thanks! :)
Marshall KE4ZNR

SCPD

QRT
Ok. I didn't realize I was hijacking one, I just didn't know with all the VIPER groups which the best would be for the post. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.