NC VIPER & Mooresville 800mhz System

Status
Not open for further replies.

ff_emt

What radios are compatible on the NC Viper and Mooresville 800mhz system?

I'm looking to purchase a radio to use on the state VIPER system and the Mooresville 800 system. I'm curious as to what Motorola radios in-particular will work on the system as far as flash code, serial number and if 4meg or 8meg is required.

I've been looking at the all the xts series, 1500, 2500, 3000, 5000.

I have two VHF radios I'm wanting to sell to compensate for this purchase of this radio.

ZeroGravity

Premium Subscriber
You would be best served to consult the system administrator for the Mooresville system and VIPER before spending any money on a radio. If your request to add a radio to their system is approved, they would be the best source for specific radio spec requirements for their respective systems.

ts548

As ZeroGravity said until you have approval from both system admin's you will not be able to communicate on either network.

FireCop

Public Safety Grunt
Premium Subscriber
To add to what the others have posted, you will need to be prepared to pay a monthly fee to use the Mooresville TRS since it will be a personal radio. That's how they have things set up for non-departmental radios. You would, of course, have to have permission from your department's administration in conjunction with the system administrator. As for VIPER, I don't think personal radios would be allowed, only departmental owned ones.

ff_emt

I'm on a department, and it'll be used for department purposes. I have the VIPER ID request form that I'm sending off to get approved to ensure the radio I have will fit on VIPER and get a state ID. Then I'm going to talk with a good friend who manages Mooresville Fire's 800 system and have him put Mooresville's system on the radio.

I think I'll be in good condtion as it'll be used for my department, just not department issued.

ts548

I'm on a department, and it'll be used for department purposes. I have the VIPER ID request form that I'm sending off to get approved to ensure the radio I have will fit on VIPER and get a state ID. Then I'm going to talk with a good friend who manages Mooresville Fire's 800 system and have him put Mooresville's system on the radio.

I think I'll be in good condtion as it'll be used for my department, just not department issued.

VIPER ID's have to be submitted by certain people and then if its not an issued radio it won't be approved. Since you stated it was your personal radio VIPER will not allow it on the system. Mooresville may be a different thing though.

Also, with VIPER running out of ID's I would think that will be enough to disqualify you right there, not withstanding that its a personal radio.

Status
Not open for further replies.