NC Wildlife Frequencies Eastern NC

Status
Not open for further replies.

tom4400

Just retired, living on the Pamlico River and see boats going by that say Wildlife Officer just was wondering if anyone knew what frequency they use?

tom4400

Also would like the Frequency for NCSHP

I think from what I'm reading this area is Troop A and operates on ch. 17 & 18 which is 42.720 and 42.920
I have theses in my scanner and don't hear anything on them.
Just bought a Uniden BC355C and it says it has the Close Capture feature. Anybody know anything about that.
Hey guys I'm kinda stuck here and am looking for any help I can get.
Thanks
Tom

richardbritt

Database Admin
Hi, I am in Troop A3 area. Everything here is on 800 Mhz VIPER except for a rare low band transmission. Do you have a 800 digital trunking scanner? If not let me know and I'll be glad to point you n the right direction. I am not familiar with the scanner you are using (I can look it up once I email this and close this window)

richardbritt

Database Admin
Here is another VIPER group thats closed to new posts but a goldmine of really good information.

Sorry for all the posts but I had to go back and forth to find everything I wanted to share with you.

If you need anything, ask away. Please also check out the 2 VIPER groups as most of what you might ask probably was asked on the forum. Its where I learned most of what I know about VIPER. Very good group of folks to learn from. Enjoy

Richard in Edenton

tom4400

Richard
Thanks for the info, I'll have to look at the Digital Trunking, don't know anything about it, I'm a retired LE officer and enjoy listening to the scanner, however I probably can't afford a scanner like that ,I saw some when I bought this one and they were pretty expensive.
I'm in Beaufort County, just outside of Little Washington

tom4400

Richard I was just looking at a Uniden Bearcat Tracker BCT8 Trunk Tracker it says it's analog, but it might be one I could afford, what's your opinion of that model?
Thanks for the Help
Tom

Drafin

Richard I was just looking at a Uniden Bearcat Tracker BCT8 Trunk Tracker it says it's analog, but it might be one I could afford, what's your opinion of that model?
Thanks for the Help
Tom

Pardon me for baring in but the BCT8 won't do digital, unfortunately.

You are pretty much limited to a handful of the most popular models for digital. The Link provided above is about it. I know it's much more expensive but for the current VIPER (and into the future) you would be better off saving up and buying a GRE 500, 600 or 800 (or their identical Radio Shack versions) or the Uniden equivalent BCD396XT, BCD996XT, or HP1.

The HP1 and the GRE800 are the "plug and play" models. Basically get the scanner, update the database and pick what you want to listen to. The other models I listed above are a tiny bit harder to program but have more flexibility due to the 800 and HP1 being a little more locked into the database listed here on radioreference.com . I have owned both Unidens and GREs in the past and they are pretty much on equal ground quality wise, even though some people will try to steer you to their favorite brand. :)

I know it's not the best solution but if you save up and wait I think you'll be happier in the long run from the sounds of what you want to monitor.

Again, sorry to barge in,
Draf

Status
Not open for further replies.