NCBI and Federal prisons in Cumberland Md area

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrgaughan

I have a question about what system types are being used at the NCBI and Federal prisons in Cumberland Md area. ( MOTO Provoice Nxdn?? ) The data base just lists them as FM, I did a conventional discovery covering the frequencies listed and I get data bursts so it must be digital, I guess I can hook up my older scanner that has a discriminator tap and use DSD plus to see what it does, I thought I try to see if anyone has info here first. I have a diamond discone antenna up about 35 feet and have great reception from Winchester Va ( south )to Somerset PA( north ) and to Garrett Co Md (west) to Washington / Frederick Co md (east). I had the Moto upgrade on the BCD 436 I just sold and I want to upgrade the SDS200 I go with something that will give me the most decoding with an upgrade.

motorcoachdoug

Premium Subscriber
ok NCBI is part of the maryland dept of corrections. Its built like an inverted fortress. there are many layers of security built into it as well. National Geographic did a doc on it about 10yrs ago ..

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
The federal prisons around the country are either using Motorola Type II or P25 Phase 1, mainly in the 400mhz UHF band with control channels that change at least daily so enter all the frequencies. They are usually in the clear. Please let us know if you hear the prison, and the info as the database hasn't been updated in 11 years.

Here's the link to the Wiki page...

maus92

Premium Subscriber
There are 5 channel pairs being held for DPSCS in Allegany County, perhaps for a future campus-wide site on FIRST for WCI / NCBI. Might be similar to the "Central Booking" site in Baltimore that is limited to DPSCS traffic.

R8000

Low Battery
Premium Subscriber
There are 5 channel pairs being held for DPSCS in Allegany County, perhaps for a future campus-wide site on FIRST for WCI / NCBI. Might be similar to the "Central Booking" site in Baltimore that is limited to DPSCS traffic.
Channel pairs. For 700 or VHF ?

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Channel pairs. For 700 or VHF ?
Sorry - 700MHz. The DPSCS has a campus overlay site on the FIRST system in Baltimore - "Central Booking" which is limited to prison traffic. I would expect this to be similar - if they actually build it.

R8000

Low Battery
Premium Subscriber
Sorry - 700MHz. The DPSCS has a campus overlay site on the FIRST system in Baltimore - "Central Booking" which is limited to prison traffic. I would expect this to be similar.
Oh cool. I hadn't heard about 700 pairs being reserved out there. Good to know. Thanks !

Status
Not open for further replies.