NCC Fireboard Tones

Status
Not open for further replies.

aslc

Premium Subscriber
I've noticed in the past few days that NCC Fireboard dispatch tones sound different on the Broadcastify feed. Does anyone know if they've made some kind of change to the tones? If not, I guess the feed provider has made some change to the audio.

Also, not related to the tone issue mentioned above, I've noticed that the first second or two of the voice announcement after the tones is often cut off. Sometimes you can't hear the station number. Does anyone know if this is an issue monitoring dispatch on the trunked system?

Does anyone know if this is an issue monitoring dispatch on the trunked system?
Tones are only sent over conventional frequencies, so you are most likely missing the first few seconds while the scanner moves to the trunked channels.

aslc

Premium Subscriber
Yes, pagers only operate on the conventional freq but the transmission, including tones, is simulcast on the TRS (N-DISP). I can hear it on both when in area. Not sure if Broadcastify feed is sending from conventional or TRS.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
I've noticed in the past few days that NCC Fireboard dispatch tones sound different on the Broadcastify feed. Does anyone know if they've made some kind of change to the tones? If not, I guess the feed provider has made some change to the audio.

Also, not related to the tone issue mentioned above, I've noticed that the first second or two of the voice announcement after the tones is often cut off. Sometimes you can't hear the station number. Does anyone know if this is an issue monitoring dispatch on the trunked system?
A note that in our county (AACo in MD) the CAD system sequences the tones, and *occasionally* the dispatcher doesn't key their mic before they start their verbal dispatch. Another note, FTO is sent over a P25P2 simulcast TG in Talbot County, MD.

robertson40

Member / Delaware Breaking News DE110
Premium Subscriber
ncc has switched over to a new paging system as of today 08/11/2020

but i noticed all 4 channels ( n-disp,n-tac3/4 & ems are now on the same frequency ( 453.300 )
audio seems a little choppy and unclear at times

anyone have any thoughts?

aslc

Premium Subscriber
ncc has switched over to a new paging system as of today 08/11/2020

but i noticed all 4 channels ( n-disp,n-tac3/4 & ems are now on the same frequency ( 453.300 )
audio seems a little choppy and unclear at times

anyone have any thoughts?
What's changed with NCC paging? Sounds the same to me.

I usually monitor the TRS not simulcast 453.300. So, you're saying that the simulcast that was on 453.050 is now combined with dispatch and the other tac channels on 453.300?

robertson40

Premium Subscriber
NCC has switched from an analog sys to a new digital sys for paging/alerting & yes the tac channels with dispatch are now on 453.300

Side note- seems to have more interference then normal

Last edited:

aslc

Premium Subscriber
Wow, that's an expense. They'd have to replace close to a thousand or more analog pagers since they can't be converted to digital. These days if they go digital they usually move the pager over to the TRS. There's only one manufacturer I know of (Unification) that makes TRS pagers at about $600/pager. Do you know if that's what NCC did?

robertson40

Premium Subscriber
Yes some fire companies have the new unification g2 or g3 pagers and the other fire companies still have the old motorola monitor pagers that still work to my knowledge

aslc

Premium Subscriber
So, based on what you mention some are using Unification digital pagers on the TRS and the old Minitor pagers are still on the analog frequency. I thought the analog paging was on 453.30 but if it's simulcasting the ops and tac channels that wouldn't work.

aslc

Premium Subscriber
Paging is analog on 453.300 and simulcast on state digital TRS N-Disp channel/talkgroup (not frequency). TRS frequency is assigned per transmission from pool of frequencies depending on what's not being used. Could be on any of the frequencies.
Majority of pagers are on analog 453.300. Newer digital pagers are on TRS.

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
[QUOTE="aslc, post: 3357349,
Majority of pagers are on analog 453.300. Newer digital pagers are on TRS.
[/QUOTE]
Really? I thought the digital pagers (Unication I guess) could only do digital paging on a 9600 baud P25 TRS. As far as I was aware, the Del State TRS is still the older 3600 baud Motorola Type II TRS. So how does that work?

Status
Not open for further replies.