NCCo Delaware Offline

Status
Not open for further replies.

h8tdigitalradio

Feed Provider
Hello,

Due to severe thunderstorms and power outages, NCCo Zone 1 is offline. It has been offline for a few hours. I-TAC 1 and I-TAC 2 are being used for dispatches.

Dave AKA The Tripzter

ayaresr

Yep...sounds like the Lums Pond site took a lightning strike last nite. Very wierd to watch the scanner completely blow by the Delaware system with no bars and keep on scanning.

h8tdigitalradio

Feed Provider
Hello,

What is fascinating is the amount of time the system has been down, and the City of Wilmington's QUANTAR IntelliRepeater Site 4 is the only Site online in NCCo.

Dave AKA The Tripzter

BillQuinn

DE should have a back up system

I think that the State of Delaware and City of Wilmington should have some sort of back up system if the trunked radio systems fail. It happened in Philadelphia not too long ago.

h8tdigitalradio

Feed Provider
Hello,

Fail-Soft is the backup. However, Fail-Soft failed HARD! The voice channel repeaters are wide open, no beep every minute. The system failure is very serious.

Dave AKA The Tripzter

KB3JUV

The Lums Pond site failed due to a lightning strike, Motorola and DivCom are working to restore it as we speak.

KB3JUV

By the way Dave, your online scanner isn't working. I tried accessing it this morning to listen to the ITAC activity.

h8tdigitalradio

Feed Provider
Hello,

The Feed is online, I have to check the audio when I get home from work. The PC and Scanner are on UPS, (Thanks Brian) and the PC was running the ProScan program in the morning, but I never checked the audio due to checking the NCCo Zone for FailSoft.

The Company Firewall blocks access to the feed. :(

Dave AKA The Tripzter

h8tdigitalradio

Feed Provider
Back Online

Hello,

NCCo Zone 1 is back online. There are still some comms on the ITACs, and it seems some TG's are coming online slowly. Good Work DivCom and /\/\otorola!

Dave AKA The Tripzter

DELCOLHFC

1533HRS just heard Fireboard announce all channels back in service, all companies and units can resume normal operations.

Roach112683

Well my scanner is being garbled and I couldn't hear anything much till I got to about I-95 NB at Rt 1 today then everythign was loud and clear but now stuff is starting to be garbled again maybe the storms form the past few hours messed it up again.

it wouldn't surprise me.

Anyone know if Kent is messed up as well because on my way back from downstate I couldn't har much in Kent.

Last edited:

BillQuinn

Back up

I mean delaware should have a back up vhf or uhf system in case the 800 mhz fails all together. u cant rely on cell phones for public safety operations. i pick up sussex county PD on 453.850 on a rubber duck antenna in the house on the scanner and i'm in talleyville. a vhf or uhf system i think would be sufficient in delaware. its a flat state anyway.

h8tdigitalradio

Feed Provider
I mean delaware should have a back up vhf or uhf system in case the 800 mhz fails all together.
NCCo gave up use of their VHF Frequencies for County Services. NCCPD N-DATA-C was simulcasted but discontinued. The County has always used the 800 MHz I-TACs during system failures (FailSoft or Site Trunking Mode). The County regularly test I-TACs weekly and DivCom tests during the day.
By the way Dave, your online scanner isn't working.
[OT] Its back online. Somehow, I spent a few hours at home trying to figure out why I could not connect. It was a typo in the DNS. Instead of "tripztersvision.no-ip.org", the server showed "tripztersvision.no-ip-org". A dash instead of a dot. I still can't figure out how the DNS changed. I never made any changes. :confused:

Dave AKA The Tripzter

Audiodave1

Database Admin
I was wondering when I got home last night my Unitrunker scanner had advanced to another control channel....That explains it.

Roach112683

Yeah I am still getting some garbling every once in a while and it is probably because of the damage from the storms. They probably haven't fixed everything yet or if they did it isn't at 100%.

Roach112683

Yeah it's my scanner. The one I have in my car works fine and that was one I bought off a fellow officer but the one I bought off E-bay which is in my house is the one not working right. When I get he chance I'm gonna head to the radio shop and see if they can fix it for me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.