NCCo Delaware Scanner Feed Test

Status
Not open for further replies.

h8tdigitalradio

Feed Provider
Hello,

Presently testing a ProScan Scanner feed. If you use ProScan Client, please help me evaluate. Please select Server: 71.175.46.61 Name: Delaware Scanner. Scanner Type is BC785D. Please post any comments here. If this works, the feed will run 24/7. Thanks Bob A. for the support.

TIA,

Dave AKA The Tripzter

h8tdigitalradio

Feed Provider
Hello,

Presently switching feed from a notebook to PC and changing scanner to a BC796D along with a sound card change. Will try later in the day and if Wilmington is available, it will be feed as well.

EDIT: Feed is ONLINE. Some audio issues but online.

Dave AKA The Tripzter

Last edited:

h8tdigitalradio

Feed Provider
Hello,

Yes, the stream is 24/7 for now. Testing reliability and stableness. The desktop PC used is old technology, a PII, 400 MHz, and 128 MB memory but ProScan does not use too much resources and has a great GUI. My ISP veriZon FiOS is rock solid reliable (no downtime ever). Working on an antenna to bring in the City of Wilmington.

A power failure would kill the stream, so an UPS is next.

Thanks for the support. Enjoy! :)

Dave AKA The Tripzter

EDIT: Will have to set up no-ip account for DHCP.

Last edited:

h8tdigitalradio

Feed Provider
Hello,

Thanks again for the support. I have switched DDNS to no-ip.org. The DNS is : tripztersvision.no-ip.org. The Name is still Delaware Scanner. So if the DHCP addy changes, things will still work.

Dave AKA The tripzter

h8tdigitalradio

Feed Provider
Hello,

Yes Brian, I will take you up on the offer. Thanks. :) I will let you know when I will be up at R&R.

Dave AKA The Tripzter

h8tdigitalradio

Feed Provider
Hello,

The NCCo Scanner Feed is now 24/7 with 3 UPS's. Please update your ProScan Client Software to Version 1.7 Build 5. The old version won't work.

Enjoy! :)

Dave AKA The Tripzter

Kevinbb

PSAP-Retired
Premium Subscriber
I find myself tuning this feed in every time I log onto pro-scan. It sounds great. How much of Delaware do you receive ? I mean I see a lot of upper Delaware New Castle Comms. Any Sussex or Kent Comms or am I just missing them . Thanks for your efforts

h8tdigitalradio

Feed Provider
It sounds great. How much of Delaware do you receive ? I mean I see a lot of upper Delaware New Castle Comms. Any Sussex or Kent Comms or am I just missing them.
I can receive City of Wilmington and Kent Co. but only on my GRE PSR-500/600 and PRO 96/2096. Even with an Yagi, due to my proximity to the Middletown Tower, it overloads the BC796D so I can't stream Kent Co., and Wilmington doesn't decode well enough for streaming due to error correction and signal strength. Kent Co Fire affiliates to the NCCo Zone, but I am out of spare Scan List space for the TG's. I can use the BCD996T for the stream but its my mobile unit.

If I ever have time to learn how to use Don Starr's Win500 Scanner Over IP software for the PSR series scanners, there will be a second stream for Kent Co. and Wilmington. For now, enjoy, and thankz for the kind words. :)

Btw, there were a few power failures today and the 3 UPSs are holding up well with no disruption of the feed.

Dave AKA The Tripzter

BillQuinn

What Talkgroups are in the scanner?

What talkgroups are you monitioring for the Delaware Scanner? I've seen SW-DNREC and was wondering if you are monitoring the Dept of Corrections talkgroups and the DelDOT talkgroups. thanks

h8tdigitalradio

Feed Provider
Hello,

The following is streamed:

* DSP
* NCCoPD
* Municipal PDs
* DNREC
* NCCo Fireboard
* DOC/Courthouse/CAP PD
* DEMA
* DANG
* Mutual Aid/I-TACs

No DelDOT or MED Channels.

Dave AKA The Tripzter

BillQuinn

if thats digital radio..........

than i dont like the way it sounds. the feed is fantastic. its not the feed that sounds bad but just the P25 radios. TO me it sounds worse than analog.

Status
Not open for further replies.