NCDOC Elizabeth CIty

Status
Not open for further replies.

rescue674aa

I’m an idiot
Premium Subscriber
Hey everyone, I don't know if anyone will be able to help me but my mother in law works at the prison in Elizabeth City. Does anyone know what district that is for NCDOC that is. I tried to ask her but she was like I don't know. I have tried to pick it up when I was there but was unable to.

Thanks

QDP2012

...the prison in Elizabeth City. Does anyone know what district that is for NCDOC that is....

I don't know if this is the result you want, but I if you visit the NC DOC website, which is: DOC Legacy Resources

and scroll down to the section "Prisons" and click on "Prison Facility Listing"

it shows a .pdf map of facilities and the regions in detail.

Another quick Google search on the town name and the word prison suggests that you might be looking for the "Pasquotank" facility (number 68 in the Eastern region portion of the map linked above).

Hope this helps,

Last edited:

RohnsRadio

Premium Subscriber
not sure what you are asking.
E-city is judicial dist 1 the state is divided into divisons for DOC (or DPS as we are now called) the whole coast is Divsion 1
if you are wanting freqs used. the 42 Mhz freqs are still used for transports and on "the yard" most use high band.

of course this is all changeing as new radios come on line. most all probation officers have VIPER radios now. my son served in the PERT (Prison Emergency Resp Team) and they used VIPER before anyone else had them.

and to confuse things more every prison is differnt, but the 42 Meg freq will be active for some time to come.

rescue674aa

I’m an idiot
Premium Subscriber
DPS

I was just trying find out the viper freqs for prison in EC. Plus whatever other freqs they use.

QDP2012

...the whole coast is Divsion 1
I was just trying find out the viper freqs for prison in EC...

It sounds like you are looking for the NC VIPER systems' frequencies on its Elizabeth City tower.

After you navigate to the RRDB's NC VIPER page, scroll down to find the tower listing for C508 039(27) Elizabeth City / Pasquotank.

After you enter those frequencies as your scanner's "system", then scroll down to the section "NC Department of Corrections Talkgroups".
Enter these as the talkgroups assigned to the "system" you just entered into your scanner. You're likely to hear traffic on these.

If you think that the talkgroup names/descriptions match the division number, then you might initially try entering only the talkgroups that end in "1" like "...1 Primary", "...1 Transportation". I'm not sure, but looking at the list, I get the idea that they might match.

Hope this helps,

richardbritt

Database Admin
If you find them, I would like to know please. I will update the Pasquotank listing with them. I have sat up the road from that prison for hours and never heard anything except transportation buses when they left transporting prisoners. Nothing internal to the prison is using VIPER using any of the local VIPER sites. I have also checked FRS, MURS, GMRS and common no license VHF high band freqs (like 154.6) and heard nothing (except a farmer or 2) when I was up the road from the prison trying to find their frequency.

They do have VIPER radios though. I heard them using one of the prison talkgroups after the hurricane knocked out power several years ago. I have never heard them on that again since.

Hope this helps some. Happy hunting

Richard

Ten42

NCDOC districts

The VIPER database list the talkgroups as DOC/DOP (Div of Prisons) Dist 1 thru 5, however the DOC webpage only shows the District names, it would be nice to associate the numbers with the appropriate district. While we are discussing DOC, their talkgroups with the alias "District 1 thru 45," would this be Probation & Parole Districts? I still monitor alot of traffic on DOC 1- 42.56 and DOC 2- 42.88 as well.

RohnsRadio

Premium Subscriber
I still monitor alot of traffic on DOC 1- 42.56 and DOC 2- 42.88 as well.[/QUOTE]

and you will for some time to come. as i said portable vhf radios are used at many sites. seems like they were 154 and 158MHz freqs. VIPER is out there but will be some time until they are common. they just cost to much to hand out like candy.

all probation officers by now shoud have VIPER but as in Lenoir county we have a talk group on the local system so, we are not on the VIPER talkgroups much. Greene and Jones do use VIPER but, not much as most traffic is over the state issued "smartphones"

reconrider8

I know Caledonia uses viper foe their farm ops on NC doc statewide 7 42800 on the farm all the time but that's just about all over heard on viper except for when they had that inmate escape then I heard a few more but I can't remember exactly what they were

Status
Not open for further replies.