NCIC 2000 Operating Manual (Police Computer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TexasMale said:
I wish they would put the NCIC data base on the internet so we could all look up people.

I reckon rights to privacy be darned, then, eh?

SCPD

QRT
TexasMale said:
I wish they would put the NCIC data base on the internet so we could all look up people.
Some of it is public record. Information possibly related to on-going investigations isn't ... for obvious reasons.

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
TDCJ website allows you to look up any incarcerated offender and tells you their full name, age, unit of assignment, and offense of incarceration. And it drives the inmates crazy that people, mainly officers, can access this information. However, they have access to officer's name and rank, and can keep a handwritten list of every officer on the unit if they want to so long as name and rank are all they record.

andrew_m

Premium Subscriber
When I went through NCIC class, we had to watch 3 videos, and 2 power points, I think half the class (4) fell asleep.

bpckty1

Was that your certification or re-certification course?

My last re-certification course consisted of the (Highway Patrol era, I still would like one of the Dodge Chargers, and dispatchers using the old 40+) videos, and sitting around a table, reading the instruction manual out loud, and taking a short test. It would have been impossible to fall asleep, although by 3PM it would have been possible.

The certification course (many moons ago) was 40 hours and nobody fell asleep. There were two dispatchers from Texarkana (Bi-State) in the class that kept everyone laughing, since they told tales comparing and contrasting Arkansas and Texas laws.

Status
Not open for further replies.