NCPD Radio System Down????

Status
Not open for further replies.

scosgt

8:50 Sat nite, all I am getting on HIghway, Tac 10 and 2-8 Pct is OPEN CARRIER.

What's up with that?

w2lie

New York DB Admin
Database Admin
Is this still a problem?
Usually if one Frequency goes "open carrier" like that, they will move to "Tac-2" 478.5625 or the "shop" freq of 478.5125

I am currently hearing NCPD 2 & 8th on their normal freq and the "shop" freq. Everything seems normal as of right now.

Last edited:

tommyscan

Premium Subscriber
are you using the gre 500? I f so,check the bnc connector had mine replaced 2x with audio problems before I switched to the pro-106.

tommyscan

Premium Subscriber
They inter-change the usage for this frequency.sometimes its special detail like a barricaded subject or sometimes used as an alternate dispatch channel for highway/esu

SCANdal

Silent Key
It's still called TAC 2, right?

Tom,

That I understand; but the name of the channel hasn't been changed, has it?

SCANdal

w2lie

New York DB Admin
Database Admin
I am changing it back in the database to TAC-2. I still hear it referred to over the air as either Channel 2 or TAC 2. Frequency is used commonly to get units on a detail off of the dispatch frequency (example, EDP, drill, etc).

While we are on the subject - and not to derail this thread anymore from the topic, I see that F-4 "Details" 477.2375 pl 179.9 was also changed to NARCO-1 with PL-186.2. I have conflicting notes on that frequency, and I am the guilty party on who changed it in the database - based off of a user's submission. It wasn't until just now that I see it twice in my list. I should have looked harder. Same frequency, different tag, different PL. Can we get some clarification on that so I can clean that up on either the database or my own list.

w2lie

New York DB Admin
Database Admin
Ok,
I've done some more digging, and I see that 477.2375 is listed as BOTH F-4 and NARCO-1.
F-4 has pl 179.9 and NARCO-1 has pl 186.2

I will leave the radio hooked up and log what comes in this week. If my notes and other research are correct both PL's should be spotted on this frequency.

Status
Not open for further replies.