NCPRN on MMDVM

Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn’t seem to find any general contact point for NCPRN folks directly, so maybe I could get pointed in the right direction here.

I recently got an XPR6550 for the NCPRN network and soon plan to buy a MMDVM hotspot for DMR (and maybe other digi modes later) I have a MDUV390 I plan to program to use with it but had a thought recently about possibly adding maybe PRN and the two chats to it.

I may be misunderstanding some things about hotspots but what I generally understand is it act like a repeater connecting to the internet linked network (BM, TGIF, etc) and is set up for certain TGs. Since NCPRN works in the same way (afaik) and the WNC system and I think NC4ES system also feature the PRN channel, it should be possible to connect a hotspot into the network as well.

If anyone here is part of the NCPRN team and could give me more information, like how to do it or it’s not possible (maybe it’s setup differently than the big networks and doesn’t have the capability to share TG traffic with hotspots. I see on the website only MOTO repeaters will work but idk if that some limitation with IPSC connections or something.)

Any help is much appreciated, thank you!

chief21

Premium Subscriber
Summer - Western NC; Winter - Tampa Bay FL
If anyone here is part of the NCPRN team and could give me more information, like how to do it or it’s not possible (maybe it’s setup differently than the big networks and doesn’t have the capability to share TG traffic with hotspots.
I have a PRN repeater nearby, although I don't frequent it. I might be wrong, but I have the impression that the PRN network is actually a separate DMR network and is not affiliated (or connected) to DMR-MARC, Brandmeister, or any other open network. Perhaps someone who actually knows will comment further.

Last edited:

tweiss3

Is it time for Coffee?
Premium Subscriber
From what I know, NCPRN requires all the repeater hardware to be Motorola to join the system and does not allow hotspots.

Yeah, NCPRN is a separate network, and I think it is set up differently than the big ones, but I was hoping they may have a way to interface with hotspots, but it seems like that’s not the case. Being MOTO repeater only is what made me doubt it being possible. The big networks have some sort of interoperability standard of some sort to allow MOTO, Hytera, hotspots, etc. NCPRN must not have that. Maybe in the future.

w2xab

I couldn’t seem to find any general contact point for NCPRN folks directly, so maybe I could get pointed in the right direction here.

I recently got an XPR6550 for the NCPRN network and soon plan to buy a MMDVM hotspot for DMR (and maybe other digi modes later) I have a MDUV390 I plan to program to use with it but had a thought recently about possibly adding maybe PRN and the two chats to it.

I may be misunderstanding some things about hotspots but what I generally understand is it act like a repeater connecting to the internet linked network (BM, TGIF, etc) and is set up for certain TGs. Since NCPRN works in the same way (afaik) and the WNC system and I think NC4ES system also feature the PRN channel, it should be possible to connect a hotspot into the network as well.

If anyone here is part of the NCPRN team and could give me more information, like how to do it or it’s not possible (maybe it’s setup differently than the big networks and doesn’t have the capability to share TG traffic with hotspots. I see on the website only MOTO repeaters will work but idk if that some limitation with IPSC connections or something.)

Any help is much appreciated, thank you!

There are many networks that do no allow HotSpots nor non-Mototrbo repeaters, NCPRN is but one of them. There seems to be more networks considering eliminating freeloading HotSpots.

Status
Not open for further replies.