NCSHP control channels?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris0516

Chris0516

For what county
Control Channels and Alts are based on site locations not the Talkgroups. @richardbritt sent you the proper link to look for the sites near you.

Look here for frequencies highlighted in red and blue

Regards Richard
For what county
hmm

Chris0516

Chris0516

For what county

Look here for frequencies highlighted in red and blue

Regards Richard
Control Channels and Alts are based on site locations not the Talkgroups. @richardbritt sent you the proper link to look for the sites near you.
I know that they are based on location. But, I didn't think they were using the same towers. As the counties. That is where my confusion started.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
I know that they are based on location. But, I didn't think they were using the same towers. As the counties. That is where my confusion started.

You know where you are located just check the control channels for the sites around you to see what you are able to pick up, then select those sites to program in. Local TGs are usually limited to their county plus the county that borders your county, however if they are traveling they may affliate with other towers. I hear a lot of traffic from across the state because I'm in Raleigh (the Capital) and units from across the state visit the NCSHP training center or other government departments here. But the traffic is still on my three local sites/towers.

Chris0516

You know where you are located just check the control channels for the sites around you to see what you are able to pick up, then select those sites to program in. Local TGs are usually limited to their county plus the county that borders your county, however if they are traveling they may affliate with other towers. I hear a lot of traffic from across the state because I'm in Raleigh (the Capital) and units from across the state visit the NCSHP training center or other government departments here. But the traffic is still on my three local sites/towers.
I know. Even before the TG's. I can pick up Conventional communications, alone. From several neighboring counties.

jthorpe

I just got a headache from this thread. Put the control channels in around your local area then go to ID search mode just to be sure it works. Not sure what else you're looking for

Status
Not open for further replies.