NCSHP. radio equipment questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottE22

Anyone know what type of radios NCSHP uses in their vehicles as well as portables?Also,why do they use a telephone type handset for the in car radio They have used them since the late 70s it seems...

Flyham

As best I can recall, it is APX 6000s for portables and APX 6500s for mobiles (with the telephone handset).
As a for what it is worth.... Mobile computers are using cell/LTE aircards. I'm thinking the older 800 mhz mobile data system is a thing of the past.

As best I can recall, it is APX 6000s for portables and APX 6500s for mobiles (with the telephone handset).
As a for what it is worth.... Mobile computers are using cell/LTE aircards. I'm thinking the older 800 mhz mobile data system is a thing of the past.
The old 800 MHz data system was shut down a few years ago. I put tons of those modems in local law enforcement cars years ago...

CCHLLM

I have a General Electric MASTR Pro 4 channel low band mobile that is complete and still works. The handset has numerous scuffs from years of long service, but there does seem to be more wear on the back side of the ear piece.....

I too spent some time on E Market St plugged into a console.

jthorpe

Not many even know how to use the "Signal 3 Switch" anymore...
They are still there because that's how it's always been.
Its not that they don't know how. It's so easy a caveman can do it. In modern times, there is no need. The old days of bringing a violator to the car and have a seat inside are long gone...

GMB951

Premium Subscriber
??? Why would they renew( the State SHP) renew some lowband freqs. Renewed 42.50/42.52/42.60/42.64/154.680/456.3. Date 3/19/21 Boone, NC

jake_Braker

C/O 2Ø21
Premium Subscriber
They used the handsets to keep the person(s) of interest to keep from hearing wants and warrants
I've actually rode with troopers before, the radio runs through a speaker like in a standard patrol car. Unless it's toggleable between speaker and handset, I've never seen such

spacellamaman

Its not that they don't know how. It's so easy a caveman can do it. In modern times, there is no need. The old days of bringing a violator to the car and have a seat inside are long gone...

waiiiitt a sec, the whole bring the violator back to the car thing, that was just so they could hear their radio?

and for the past ten or fifteen years now my self-esteem has been plummeting for nothing?

i mean when i first started off driving, they always asked me back to their car for some friendly banter (umm, awkward chatter) and as i got older, well, it seemed to happen less and less.

no one seemed to want to talk anymore.

"No, no. Don't get out. You can stay in your car sir. This will just be a minute."

"oh...ok...gotcha..."

***Trooper gets back into his car, I swing my leg back into mine, looking back over my shoulder when i shut my door, making sure he doesn't think I am bout to make a run for it.....thumb twiddling ensues, sometimes evolving into rear-view mirror self-inspection and eventually zit-po....well you know what i am talking about***

"hmmmm, guess he thinks i'll be a distraction or something.... maybe i just ain't got it anymore....i mean i'm a fun guy, a funny guy...well not like that, but you know, funny-ha-ha-funny....geez, maybe there is some note when they pull up my plate.

-Officer note: Subj talks incessantly, thinks he's funny. Rec'd left in own vehicle. To think about what he has done.

i have been getting a complex over this!

a 2-300 buck chit-chat ain't what i am looking for on a saturday night, but then in addition, being Socially Shunned? insult to injury! Its been really eating at me.

Man, my therapist is gonna get laugh over this.

Status
Not open for further replies.