NCSHP, what/where am I listening at/to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

E-542

Premium Subscriber
Ok, so I am hearing the base on 42.520(Least what it SHOULD be, what the crystal in my Regency ACT 10 R says it is), and I am unsure whether I am picking up the Gaston/Cleveland county ones, or Rockingham/Guilford. I am in China Grove/Landis. I've heard a call for US 1, and some Highway 17. JUst heard the comm center say 'H 6-4-2'. Guessing that's a unit number? Then 'H 6-4-2 Hoke county advised they'll contact Monroe shortly.', '2-3-9 10-4', '*Something* H-230', 'H-636 10-4', and '10-4, WPPK929(Or something like that, TTK? CCK?'' Were some of the transmissions I've heard. Any ideas? Also though I THOUGHT it's H- and those numbers, ears ain't used to low band and it could be 8.

K4ASJ

Premium Subscriber
Ok, so I am hearing the base on 42.520(Least what it SHOULD be, what the crystal in my Regency ACT 10 R says it is), and I am unsure whether I am picking up the Gaston/Cleveland county ones, or Rockingham/Guilford. I am in China Grove/Landis. I've heard a call for US 1, and some Highway 17. JUst heard the comm center say 'H 6-4-2'. Guessing that's a unit number? Then 'H 6-4-2 Hoke county advised they'll contact Monroe shortly.', '2-3-9 10-4', '*Something* H-230', 'H-636 10-4', and '10-4, WPPK929(Or something like that, TTK? CCK?'' Were some of the transmissions I've heard. Any ideas? Also though I THOUGHT it's H- and those numbers, ears ain't used to low band and it could be 8.

You are hearing troop H which is dispatched out of monroe. Thier call signs indicate thier troop, district and unit number. For example "H-642" the H would mean that the unit is a troop H car , the 6 would be the district number and the 42 would be the unit number. Here is a link to a map of all the troops and districts in the state that you can use as a reference http://www.freewebs.com/wncsc/NCSHP07.jpg

CFP387

E-542, you and I both are in the China Grove area. Along with Troop E lowband, I can also hear Troop F and H dispatch clearly with a rubber duck antenna on a handheld most always without any trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.