ND mobile scanner legality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dalrmat

Would anyone be able to share or post a link to the ND scanner laws. I have done some digging, but I can't seem to find anything recent and from a trusted source.

I know that with the amateur radio license I should be fine, but I would really like to know the regulations if possible.

Thank you

Dalrmat

To my knowledge, North Dakota has no restrictions for police scanner use so there isn't anything to point you to. South Dakota restricts scanner use to a convicted felon. See below:
thank you for the reply. I was stopped the other day and it came up in the conversation with the officer. They did say that they may have been incorrect when they initially stated that it is illegal to have a radio capable of receiving their communications in a car. I told him I would do my best to confirm that it was indeed legal as I wanted to make sure I was following the laws.

For clarification I am an active ham and had my HF rig in the car at the time of the stop. That is what initially started the conversation about the radios.

Status
Not open for further replies.