NDF / BLM Air Operations

Status
Not open for further replies.

joen7xxx

In the Elko area we hear air operations on most fires on 170.225. I asume this is a BLM frequency, given it is in the 170 mhz. range. I don't know where to put it in the database though...

SCPD

QRT
I'm not sure if it is a BLM allocated frequency, but many frequencies in the 170 MHz range are allocated to the Forest Service, National Park Service, and U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service as well as the BLM. The distinction is not really particularlarly important as this frequency is used by all of these agencies anyway. It is shared with the state as well. It should be shown in the database in a way that if you are looking at the BLM, Forest Service, and NDF you would find it no matter which one of them you are looking at.

joen7xxx

I may be missing somethine, but I don't see a place to submit Federal agancy frequency data in the database.

SCPD

QRT
Go to Nevada and then at the top of the page on the right hand side you will see federal under Area Wide. When you bring up the federal section the BLM and Forest Service are listed there.

Status
Not open for further replies.